How to assign rules that make a dvdR play just like a common dvd???

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Hellmo

How to assign rules that make a dvdR play just like a common dvd???

Post by Hellmo »

I love convertxtodvd7, but my burned dvdr’s are always a “hot mess” to just play all title-sets straight through. If I only select the box for “play titles one after another”, it will do exactly that. Simple, awesome. Except, if anything interrupts this, like if I want to stop the momentum and play a title again, the dvdr will now play that Specific title (and the remainder of the subsequent titles), but then assign that the dvdr will, from now on, only start from the title in which I interrupted the original momentum. And for whatever reason, I will then be unable to return to the initial menu title-set page either. The dvdr will act like it’s going to follow my prompt and attempt to navigate to a previous title-set page, but it just ends up refreshing to the same page in which I originally interrupted the “play all titles one after another” flow. Does anyone have any guidance for creating dvdr’s that have many many title sets, that naturally play one after another, and will revert back to doing so, even if the rhythm is interrupted, and oh yeah, doesn’t prevent you from navigating back to the original title-set menu page?!? Any help with this would be much appreciated!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: How to assign rules that make a dvdR play just like a common dvd???

Post by JJ »

This is not so simple.

First your DVD player has settings on how to play/stop/continue etc.
Then you can create DVD that has no menu, only one or multiple titles. Those can not be selected to play in any other way than continuous play.
If you stop that in any stage then it goes to start again.
You need to create a DVD with menu and chapters to be able to select where to start play or to continue from selected chapter.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Hellmo

Post by Hellmo »

Ah okay. So wait, the way I currently create these is with multiple titles, no chapters. These are usually very short videos, so I just figured I would keep them as titles instead of say a long video, where I would want tons of chapters to skip around to. So are you suggesting that making all of my vids Identified as chapters instead of titles? Also, should I assign anything else besides “play videos one after another?”, like perhaps “auto playback”? Thanks again
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

You should have them correct the way you have them. But do you have main menu?
From there you should be able to select which one to watch.
If there is no main menu then it is play from beginning, one after another. Stopping at any point forces back to first title.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Some DVD players, like the PS3, allow you to skip to individual Titles the user can choose. An OSD prompt comes up and displays the current Title, say 3, and other information. You can then change the 3 to, say, 5, and Title 5 starts playing. Without creating a menu in CXD on your DVD, I can't see any other way of navigating to individual Titles unless your DVD player support random Title selection.
Hellmo

Post by Hellmo »

Thanks guys. I did create a menu. I use the simple “10 items per page, no preview” template. Let’s say that upon the first time I play the dvd, I interrupt the play-through at around page 7, to perhaps watch a specific video twice in a row. Then, if I attempt to have the remainder of the videos on the list play through, it will play through until all videos are over. However, instead of allowing me to start the whole playlist over again from the first menu page, it forces me to start watching my selections again, but from the exact video I originally interrupted the playthrough progress from. Their is no longer any way to navigate back to the first and original menu screen. Any suggestions?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

That is not the standard way to play DVD. What are you using to play DVDs?
Standard is very simple, if you remove DVD from player or press STOP then you go to main menu or first title and start playback from there.