Need an answer to Title Chapter problem

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ArthurDent2020

Need an answer to Title Chapter problem

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Sorry to repeat this post, bit really need am answer.

Can’t see what I need is impossible, as TMPGENC DVD authoring can achieve this....if can’t get this to work, will be forced to buy the TMPGENC App....

Hello

Still looking for a solution....

I have added several video tracks and merged them as Title 1
Then I added some more tracks and merged them as Title 2

I renamed Titles 1 & 2

I choose VSO glossy with 10 items per page, but when I select Simulation and click on one of the Titles it goes straight to the first Chapter ( Video track ) I want it to go the the Chapter pages.....so how do I achieve this please ?

Thanks
E3DE75F5-53F4-4E19-B525-51AF8CB7520A.jpeg
ArthurDent2020

Re: Need an answer to Title Chapter problem

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

This should be such a simple thing to do.......but can’t work out how.

Can someone PLEASE help me ???? :?:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

I just opened ConvertXtoDVD.
Took default (metallic) menu, can't find Glossy anymore.
Then I opened TV series, episode 1 of season 1.
Then right-click on top of that "add file(s)" and added rest of season.
Then I did the same for episode 1 of season 2.

Pressed convert, and ended up with ISO file containing DVD structure.
Playing it gives first title menu with Season 1 and Season 2 as titles.
Pressing on either one opens submenu where I can select chapters etc.

Try other menus, as not all have all possible selections. Some are meant to be used without chapters etc. There is even "no menu" and that one simply starts playing first title and continues to end of disc.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

Thank you for looking at this, didn’t you add season 1 to titleset 1 and season 2 to titleset 2 ? The files would need to be merged to the required titleset.....that’s how I thought it worked..

If not wouldn’t they all appear on the same page ?

Thanks
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Right click on top of title gives you the option to add/merge files so yes, I did add/merge them, ending up with two titlesets, each having multiple chapters.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

UPDATE used the same template / Menu as you used, tested with Simulator, ran the burnt TS folder on my PC and then burnt a DVD and none of them displayed the chapter Menu when each titleset was clicked on, they both simply played the chapters on after the other as before.....

I really am at a loss :oops:

Thanks, that makes more sense, from your post, I thought you managed it without that step will try that template today.

I added 4 video files merged as titleset 1 then added 4 more video files and merged as titleset 2 then selected Metallic open style theme.....however when I use Advance Edit thenMode Simulator & play title set 1 or 2 it simply starts playing the first Chapter......could it be that the simulator doesn’t actually show what a burn project would behave like, if so that makes it a nonsense.......

Any thoughts please ?
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Have several projects I need to get onto DVD, really hope this can be resolved ASAP

here are some screenshots to highlight my problem
01.png
02.png
the Title with the green arrow allows me to click on Root, Chapter or settings menu, The red arrow title only allows me to click on the Root menu.....not sure exactly what's going on, but all I want to do is

go from selecting one of these
03.png
to the chapter menu to chose one to play
04.png
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Not really getting anywhere with a solution to my question, seems what I need is very basic & within DVD creation regulations.....guess will have to give up and buy TMPGENC DVD authoring, at least that works, even though it’s going to cost me.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

You have been provided with a solution, have you burned a dvd with that solution and it is not working on DVD player as it should?
Have you tried on more than one DVD player?
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

With respect, I don’t think it was actually a solution..to duplicate a solution, steps are needed....the program has a simulation mode, at no time could I get the simulation to work and yes I did burn it to a dvd and tried on two players plus my PC and the behaviour was the same as the simulation, clicking on one of the titles simply started playing the chapters starting from No1....it did NOT give me the chapter screen to allow me to chose a chapter.....I ha e been using CXtoDVD for many years, but have not needed this function before......as I am having such problems a detailed step by step procedure that I can follow exactly may explain what the issue is.....

Looking at my screenshots easily explains my problem.....I am not thick, I do understand software, but for some reason this is defeating me

Thank
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Sorry but I can't see your problem. Unless I am not grasping what the problem is.
It is possible that from the title to go to the chapter page. Once you click on the selected title, you should be taken to the title options which includes the chapters button.

Clicking on the chapters button will take you to the first chapter page.

Use the other buttons to navigate or play the title.
Attachments
Titles Page 1.jpg
Selected Title2.jpg
Chapters Button3.jpg
Title Chapter Page 4.jpg
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Well
I dont see this, will reinstall convertxtodvd, in case that’s the issue. Looking at my screenshots, the first title options can be selected the second one nothing can be selected except root I think

Should I use a specific template ???

1 add video files
2 merge as 1st titleset
3 add more video files
4 merge as 2nd titleset

I disable show root menu on first run....

When using simulation mode I click on title 1 and the first chapter immediately plays....

I don’t really want the page with the Chapter & Home buttons ( although I don’t even get that)

I want to go from Title page to chapter selection as per screenshot below....

1ABFDC15-00D2-40C6-B17C-F3A27C9D5BF4.jpeg
1ABFDC15-00D2-40C6-B17C-F3A27C9D5BF4.jpeg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 12054 times
2304B4AD-C8BE-4030-AE20-504D14249C1B.jpeg
2304B4AD-C8BE-4030-AE20-504D14249C1B.jpeg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 12054 times
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I have used the default template, to be sure of a standard conversion.
Used single files for titles. Not merged files.
I don't think you can go straight to the chapters.

With the above, the simulation works just like on the DVD.

You should not burn a DVD until you are sure of the conversion result. Play via the VIDEO_TS folder.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

I have tried it with TMPGENC DVD author and it never goes from the title to the page with Settings Menu Chapter links, it goes to the Chapter page to allow selection of the chapter required....which makes more sense IMO....so it must be permissible in the DVD structure, so can’t see why Convertxtodvd doesn’t allow this, if it currently isn’t possible, I will have to buy TMPGENC DVD author. Maybe it could be considered for inclusion to skip the Settings Menu Chapter screen and go directly from title to chapter selection.

I just assumed this was possible......thanks
FB3EDF9C-4447-4D00-9B36-BA2C2C03573C.jpeg
FB3EDF9C-4447-4D00-9B36-BA2C2C03573C.jpeg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 12028 times
From the title page ABOVE to the CHAPTER selection as below ( a lot cleaner & tidier presentation IMO )
22C7039F-937A-496B-B238-3118FEF4BE29.jpeg
22C7039F-937A-496B-B238-3118FEF4BE29.jpeg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 12028 times
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

JJ wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm I just opened ConvertXtoDVD.
Took default (metallic) menu, can't find Glossy anymore.
Then I opened TV series, episode 1 of season 1.
Then right-click on top of that "add file(s)" and added rest of season.
Then I did the same for episode 1 of season 2.

Pressed convert, and ended up with ISO file containing DVD structure.
Playing it gives first title menu with Season 1 and Season 2 as titles.
Pressing on either one opens submenu where I can select chapters etc.

Try other menus, as not all have all possible selections. Some are meant to be used without chapters etc. There is even "no menu" and that one simply starts playing first title and continues to end of disc.
Hi
Just re-read your post, you said clicking on one of the titles goes to the Submenu where you can select Chapters Etc. This is exactly the problem, although I don’t see the Chapters etc page, I want to go from title to chapter selection directly.....Coral says this isn’t possible, which IMO is something lacking in CX2DVD and should have the option to skip directly to chapter selection from the Titles
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I'm sure what you desire is possible in terms of the DVD Video standard. It's just not, probably, a feature implemented in CXD. So, you're probably out of luck on the CXD side and may need something else like TMPGEnc. If VSO didn't code the function into the software, it just can't be done, of course.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

dbminter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:27 pm I'm sure what you desire is possible in terms of the DVD Video standard. It's just not, probably, a feature implemented in CXD. So, you're probably out of luck on the CXD side and may need something else like TMPGEnc. If VSO didn't code the function into the software, it just can't be done, of course.
Agreed......but seems such an obvious choice Title to Chapter menu....maybe VSO will implement this.....meanwhile I am off to buy yet more software 🤯