Using a long video to create separate titles

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Using a long video to create separate titles

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Hello

I am transferring a few Hi8 video tapes to DVD. I am transferring using an HDMI ups aler to an elgato game capture HD device. Ideally I would like a 4 pin Svideo to male component lead, or a 4 pin Svideo to the Svideo socket on the Elgato device ( could be a 7 pin Svideo socket ) but the HDMI upscale is giving better results than simply using RCA to the Elgato as a composite input.

I have two options
1-Record the whole 90 minutes of tape
2-Watch it ‘real time’ and stop and start between different ‘events’

If I chose option 1, what is the best way to split it afterwards ( without any loss ) to give individual episodes ?

Only way I can see to do it, is to use the whole video for each episode but in the ‘cutting’ area remove the beginning and end video each time.....is there a better way ?

Many thanks

P.S. if any one has any ideas about leads to use Svideo I would be grateful
dbminter

Re: Using a long video to create separate titles

Post by dbminter »

The way I would do this is create the 90 minutes by recording it as one long 90 minute video. Then, say, you want to create 3 separate titles from this 90 minutes. You add the 90 minute video three times and then use the Trim function to remove the bits from the beginning and end of each entry. Of course, each entry will have different start and stop trims because you're removing different bits from each title. But, that's how I'd approach it.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

That’s what I thought

Going to try a lossless file splitter, if that’s not successful will go with that idea

Thanks
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Another thing I might do is converting the video tape to some kind of container like MP4 or something like that (Which may mean converting the video tape to VIDEO_TS first and then to container) and then using AVIDeMux to edit the source container to remove the bits from the beginning and ending I want taken out. Then, with those separately saved containers, import them into CXD.

Funny enough, I've been doing the same sort of thing with my VHS tape conversions recently. I have an old Panasonic DVD Recorder from 2002, but it only saves to rewritable discs as DVD-RAM in VRO format. (It will save to DVD-R, but those aren't easily editable.) So, I convert the VRO to MP4, edit the MP4 in AVIDeMux to remove commercials, etc. and then use CXD to make the final DVD's.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

LosslessCut
You are running version 3.22.3 found thisworks very well