After Burn Getting Separate Audio and Video TS Files

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

SteveD1

After Burn Getting Separate Audio and Video TS Files

Post by SteveD1 »

I’m converting an MP4 file from a USB to DVD. It’s a video my wife made on her Mac, a montage of pictures with an audio track. The file is around 4.5gb and I am using DVD+R DL discs due to the size. I’m choosing not to have a menu since it’s for my 95 year old grandmother and want the video to just play at start up. After the video finishes burning, I’m left with two separate folders on the dvd, an audio and video TS folder. What am I doing wrong?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: After Burn Getting Separate Audio and Video TS Files

Post by JJ »

Nothing wrong.

DVD must have Audio_TS and Video_TS folders to be standard. Video files are inside Video_TS where player can find them.
If you make DVD audio-only disc then all files are in Audio_TS and nothing inside Video_TS.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
SteveD1

Post by SteveD1 »

But I am not getting a single movie file that plays. Just the two folders. When I try to play the dvd nothing happens
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

What are you using to play?

Windows does not have DVD player as default anymore. If you try to play it on computer then you need software that supports playing DVD.

Stand alone player should play that just fine, unless the disc you are using is not supported on that player. (Player might support only DVD+R and your disc is DVD-R or vice versa)
Last issue is that some older DVD players require that DVD has at least 1 Gb of files to recognize it as playable DVD.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!