PAUSE cannot be activated

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

ninnananna

PAUSE cannot be activated

Post by ninnananna »

(already reported in 2017 on Italian forum, without answer or solved the problem)

I confirm that after 2 years and several updates, including the most recent, it is impossible to pause the downloads, neither a single title nor the download operation in general. Yet it would be convenient - if it were necessary, for example, to download mail or use other functions on the web - to stop processes without losing them. If you exit VSO without having completed the downloads, in fact, not only do you have to start from scratch but, above all, you lose any reference to links that were partially downloaded. I can understand that with this we intend to safeguard from the user's privacy but, remember, for this there is a preference whether to keep the chronology or not. For one or the other of the two functions - pause and / or loss of links - in my opinion you should find a solution. Thanks for your attention.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: PAUSE cannot be activated

Post by Maggie »

Hi there,

We will as soon as possible :)
This bug is on our 3 top priority for Downloader (https://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=13689)
The 64bit version will have a functional stop feature.

Thanks for your patience...
We are sorry it is taking that long. We are a small team now, and we've got a lot to catch up!

Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support
ninnananna

Post by ninnananna »

I understand the problems of the staff well, considering that you are probably also volunteers. All of us can only be grateful and thank you and, together, try to improve the already fantastic work of VSO. 8) :)
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Ha ha ha, we would love to be volunteers but we've got bills to pay ;)
Thanks for your support :mrgreen:
Maggie,
VSO Support
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Maggie wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:47 am Ha ha ha, we would love to be volunteers but we've got bills to pay ;)
Thanks for your support :mrgreen:
Mother Theresa doesn't work for VSO :D