First few seconds of video files missing

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Dave Glass

First few seconds of video files missing

Post by Dave Glass »

Hi guys,

So here's the thing...

I've been finding that when I add certain MP4 video files, the first few seconds are missing when previewed.
I've also then burned the DVD and the written files are still missing their beginnings.

Anyone else had this problem?

Dave
dbminter

Re: First few seconds of video files missing

Post by dbminter »

Yes, the only solution I found to these problematic MP4's is to load them in AVIDeMux and save them again as a new MP4 or a new file type format. No other changes need to be made in AVIDeMux when saving these MP4's to a new MP4. It may not work for you, but you can try it for yourself and see if it works like it does with me. Just use the Preview function when loading the new files to test. With these problem files, the Preview will fail to play the first few seconds, too, so there's no need to write the output to test for the missing seconds.
Dave Glass

Post by Dave Glass »

Thanks for that.
I've tried it on all the files and it works on some and not others. No rhyme or reason to it.
It's obviously a problem within ConvertXtoDVD that's yet to be sorted.
Ah well.
Thanks again.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Check details on encoding on those files that cause problems, compare with those that have no problems.
I have encountered some files that have different length on audio and video, some start audio few seconds after video etc.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

In AVIDeMux, did you try changing the target format file type to something like MKV? If that still doesn't work for these problematic files, try instead of using Copy for the Video format, try changing it to something like MPEG 4 AVC (x264). Sometimes "recompiling" by saving an entirely new file in a new format or codec will fix problematic files where there's audio/video delay.

Yeah, it can all be pretty annoying at times.