Attachments
After
After
Before
Before
roiled

Re: Error

Post by roiled »

I've been getting this error too, time after time, for days.

I'm running VSO Downloader 5.0.1.56 under Windows 10 Pro x64 1809, but this error occurred under 1803 also, not that that's surprising in any way.

I almost submitted a report via vsorep.exe, but there are no logs for VSO Downloader, and I'm not comfortable sending God-knows-what info via a special utility like that.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Well, I did report this about a week or so ago... no response so I guess VSO must be on vacation or don't bother looking at their bug reports. It's just an annoyance.
Doug4907

Post by Doug4907 »

Yep, same error here.
im0nfire

Post by im0nfire »

I am getting the same error.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

HELLO VSO... ARE YOU LISTENING?!
bluegoldwing

Post by bluegoldwing »

I started having the same error, about the time the update was first coming up. I contacted Support and was informed that they were issuing a beta version to fix the problem however, I have yet to see the beta version and the same version (beta 5.0.1.56 Mar. 29,2018) is still listed as the latest version available. I saw where they are moving the support offices, so that may be holding things up.
This update effects the Video probing and muxing engine (2018.12.1.81) and I have been having recent problems downloading You Tube videos from sources where I've not had previous issues plus, You Tube videos are one of the easiest sources there is and these download errors are the firs from ANY You Tube videos to cause problems. It could be this update is CRITICAL to downloading ALL You Tube videos! :(
roiled

Post by roiled »

I contacted support weeks ago and have been completely ignored. That is the right word. I don't give a damn if they're moving their office or if they're part of the mission to Mars--no excuse.

I can't even express how SICK I am of shitty software testing. Don't tell me "Oh it's just a few users." I do this for a living and I spend my work hours being told "There's no issue" then the next 6 hours of my life proving I'm right. And I always am, because I'm not an idiot, and I CARE about what I do.

You should try it, VSO. Not that you visit this forum anyway.

To hell with you.
Bron

Post by Bron »

Having the same error. I uninstalled and reinstalled VSL DL to see if that would help, it did not. So, will just have to wait for them to fix this. Thanks to those who posted here about the error, so at least I know it's not just me. :-)

The folks at VSO are generally very fine people, in my many years of experience, so hopefully all will be well in time.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Sorry but I can't reproduce. I tried a few times to uninstall and reinstall with various settings, different drivers etc.
All I got was working product and successful update.
Attachments
downloader.png
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Update: Got that same error today, but just closing it and downloading as usual.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Bron

Post by Bron »

Set VSO DL to "Run as Administrator" and the update will run successfully. You can then run it normally (not as Admin) and everything will work. This is a known bug and a fix will surely come eventually, but for now, this seems to do the trick. Worked for me, at least.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Bron wrote:Set VSO DL to "Run as Administrator" and the update will run successfully. You can then run it normally (not as Admin) and everything will work. This is a known bug and a fix will surely come eventually, but for now, this seems to do the trick. Worked for me, at least.
Oh my, what an excellent quick fix, thank you so much !

I have updated my bug report with your comment...

Hope this will solve my next issue was, lately I cannot download NOTHING from Youtube as they all result in Error...

Will update engine and try again...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Thanks Bron This seemed to work - set run as administrator. I had to wait several days between attempts as this "update" message is not consistent. Thanks much on that.
Bron

Post by Bron »

Cougar_II wrote:
Bron wrote:Set VSO DL to "Run as Administrator" and the update will run successfully. You can then run it normally (not as Admin) and everything will work. This is a known bug and a fix will surely come eventually, but for now, this seems to do the trick. Worked for me, at least.
Oh my, what an excellent quick fix, thank you so much !

I have updated my bug report with your comment...

Hope this will solve my next issue was, lately I cannot download NOTHING from Youtube as they all result in Error...

Will update engine and try again...

You're welcome and it did for me. Good luck!
Bron

Post by Bron »

Panchdara wrote:Thanks Bron This seemed to work - set run as administrator. I had to wait several days between attempts as this "update" message is not consistent. Thanks much on that.

You're very welcome and same here. But all good since then.
roiled

Post by roiled »

So the software was by default trying to access restricted file system objects, and the fact that this would cause issues was a surprise...

And the workaround is to grant admin access to an application that can download content automatically in the background...

It worked, thank you, but this is not a mild bug nor workaround. If you employ this workaround, the first thing you should do is disable automatic detection. And close/restart VSO Downloader as soon as the update is complete.
roiled

Post by roiled »

Now I'm having a related issue: I hit "Update" when running VSO Downloader as admin, it reports success, but when I restart VSO Downloader, it detects the update all over again.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

roiled wrote:Now I'm having a related issue: I hit "Update" when running VSO Downloader as admin, it reports success, but when I restart VSO Downloader, it detects the update all over again.
Hi,

Are you using v5.0.1.58 ?

http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.1.58.exe
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
roiled

Post by roiled »

I was using 5.0.1.56, but now I've updated to 5.0.1.58 by downloading the regular installer.

I look forward to the next bug.