Preview Player issue

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Preview Player issue

Post by ira »

Running with Version 7.0.0.64 - do not know if this issue is version specific:

Videos previewed in the Preview Editor do not begin at the actual start of videos. Player indicates 00:00:00.000 that is actually 6 seconds into the video and you can't go back to the actual beginning of the video. I discovered this when I created a merge and checked chapter marks. The issue exists with any one video in the project even if there is only one video. Good News is, the output folder and DVD that is created do have the problem. Chapters begin at the actual start of each video.

There is no such problem with ConvertxToVideo2.0.0.88.

Other observation: in CVTXVID to merge videos, I had to click "+" for each video, unlike CVTXDVD that allowed me to select the 2nd to last video at same time in the Add dialog which is more convenient.

FYI: I do not use CVTXVID Ver .94 for reasons I described months ago that I've yet to receive a response.

Tech support at VSO has disappeared with one post a month or so ago saying its returning. So sad with such good products.
Ira
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Preview Player issue

Post by Coral »

"Tech support at VSO has disappeared with one post a month or so ago saying its returning. So sad with such good products."
So very true. When I checked last December, the reply has been that VSO will be operative as from January 2019. Since then nothing happened.
It appears that only the VSO Downloader is being updated.
ira

Post by ira »

Coral wrote:"Tech support at VSO has disappeared with one post a month or so ago saying its returning. So sad with such good products."
So very true. When I checked last December, the reply has been that VSO will be operative as from January 2019. Since then nothing happened.
I have considered all of their s/w the best of its type. I purchased lifetime updates for the entire suite. At this point with NO SUPPORT, if VSO folks have any morals, they'd simply make all their s/w FREEWARE. They would build a large user base and not be obligated to provide support (even though lots of freeware are well supported). If they ever return to communicate and support the way they used to, then charge for s/w.

I would like to hear back from VSO on this approach?
Ira
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

ira wrote:
Coral wrote:"Tech support at VSO has disappeared with one post a month or so ago saying its returning. So sad with such good products."
I have considered all of their s/w the best of its type. I purchased lifetime updates for the entire suite. At this point with NO SUPPORT, if VSO folks have any morals, they'd simply make all their s/w FREEWARE. They would build a large user base and not be obligated to provide support (even though lots of freeware are well supported). If they ever return to communicate and support the way they used to, then charge for s/w.

I am wondering what they gonna do when win 1903 comes out end of may will they continue or not.
Bout the freeware i dunno many people like have payed good money for this software i have 2 lifetime keys .
they should make it open source if they dont wanna continue with this.
ira

Post by ira »

Soxa wrote:
ira wrote:

I am wondering what they gonna do when win 1903 comes out end of may will they continue or not.
Bout the freeware i dunno many people like have payed good money for this software I have 2 lifetime keys .
they should make it open source if they don't wanna continue with this.
As mentioned I have lifetime keys for EVERYTHING they sell, although I only care to install and use a few products. The "lifetime" expires when either or both - us or them expire. That applies to more than VSO or PC S/W as we all have probably experienced from one time to another. Still it would not bother me if all their stuff becomes freeware for awhile if that wakes them up? But to continue to ACCEPT payment for s/w must take someone at VSO w/o a conscious. A newbee who reads the site and is turned on to buying their s/w and soon (after 30 days) learns THERE IS NO SUPPORT AT VSO, will likely be pissed and share that with EVERYONE THEY KNOW. Soon thereafter, it WILL be time for VSO to shutdown and I mean their entire web presence. Hence, if it's all free, you get what you paid - no risk.
Ira
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

ckhouston, JJ and Coral are the only ones left in 2019 others like claire and cedric etc vanished in 2017 dont know what happend there but ok.
so tbh i think this software is going to die tbh.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Soxa wrote:ckhouston, JJ and Coral are the only ones left in 2019 others like claire and cedric etc vanished in 2017 dont know what happend there but ok.
Claire, Cedric and Felicia left VSO during 2018.
ira

Post by ira »

Coral wrote:
Soxa wrote:ckhouston, JJ and Coral are the only ones left in 2019 others like claire and cedric etc vanished in 2017 dont know what happend there but ok.
Claire, Cedric and Felicia left VSO during 2018.
Bottomeline - is anyone left at VSO knowledgeable to diagnose issues? Don’t we deserve a response from a VSO rep?
Ira
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

question is if there is someone to answer :/
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi folks,

We are still alive!
We apologize for keeping you waiting so long.
VSO Software experienced some challenges, but we are now back in the game. :wink:

Support will be, from now, very active! (I am Maggie, new support!)
Our priority-projects: 64bits versions with 4k, x265HEVC, UHD, better colour depth...

Thanks for your patience and support ♡
Maggie,
VSO Support