BUG : CXtoHD Won't Recognize Working Drive

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

jschmoyer

BUG : CXtoHD Won't Recognize Working Drive

Post by jschmoyer »

I have 2 NVMe drives, one for the OS (Windows 10) and one as a "working" drive for programs. I also have SSD and spinners for storage. If I select either one the NVMe drives as the working drive, all versions of CXtoHD after 3.0.0.61 indicate that the drive is not accessible, too small or doesn't have enough space, none of which are true.
If I select any of the SSDs or spinners, they as the working drive, they are recognized.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled CXtoHD, and even gone so far as to do a clean install of Windows 10 and only install CXtoHD to make sure there were no conflicts or errant registry entries, neither of which made a difference, neither of the NVMe drives were recognized as a valid drive.
CXtoHD recognized NVMe drives in all versions up to and including 3.0.0.61, but all versions since won't recognize NVMe drives.

I also use your CXtoUltimate and UltimateDownloader, yet these programs have always, and continue to, work properly and allow either of my NVMe drives to selected and used without problems, through all the program's updates, including the most current versions.

Can you please look into and address this issue??
Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
jschmoyer

Re: BUG : CXtoHD Won't Recognize Working Drive

Post by jschmoyer »

Bump
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Did you create a folder on drive you were trying to use and select that folder as "working folder"?
You can not select whole drive as that sets working folder to root of drive and can cause huge problems.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
jschmoyer

Post by jschmoyer »

That is an interesting "workaround" and it does work.

But what has changed?
I have always used the root of a drive as the working folder in CXtoHD since it was released, and it has never been a problem and still isn't a problem in all versions prior to and including 3.0.0.61.
I have used the root of a drive as a working folder in CXtoVideo and Downloader Ultimate since their version 1's and continue to through their latest versions with never a problem.
This problem only occurs after CXtoHD 3.0.0.61 and is always reproducible.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

That is done on purpose, as there is now no real way to easily check from program about the type of drive where working folder is.
Some users might have small SSD (32GB or less) as C: drive, and if user then sets C: to be working folder he will lose everything from there as that folder is cleared. Losing everything from any drive root is bad so just to prevent accidentally erasing lot of data it is better to force user to select a folder instead of root of drive.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
jschmoyer

Post by jschmoyer »

JJ wrote:That is done on purpose, as there is now no real way to easily check from program about the type of drive where working folder is.
Some users might have small SSD (32GB or less) as C: drive, and if user then sets C: to be working folder he will lose everything from there as that folder is cleared. Losing everything from any drive root is bad so just to prevent accidentally erasing lot of data it is better to force user to select a folder instead of root of drive.
That just doesn't make sense.
It never worked that way before 3.0.0.61 and none of the other VSO programs I have (Downloader Ultimate and CXtoV) are working that way currently either.
It doesn't work that way when I set the root of a 32gb drive as the working (and C or Windows) drive, CXtoHD only deletes what it put their itself (as it should).
You can easily verify/double-check this for yourself, as that is what I did after your reply.