CXD - Latest beta - 7.0.0.67 released!

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Re: CXD latest beta version 7.0.0.57

Post by ira »

Still seeing .... (see attachment) with .57 Does not happen with .56b or any version prior When will it be corrected? It's obviously s/w developer hold over code that should have been removed. PLEASE FIX in next release (and make mention of it in the Release Notes (pretty please).
Attachments
No Disk In the Drive.jpg
Ira
deadlyshadow
VSO Fanatic

Re: CXD latest beta version 7.0.0.58

Post by deadlyshadow »

It seems ConvertXtoDVD is still alive!
ira

Post by ira »

deadlyshadow wrote:It seems ConvertXtoDVD is still alive!
Better question - Is the support team alive? No comments about any product on the forum???
Ira
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

ira wrote:
Better question - Is the support team alive? No comments about any product on the forum???
Still alive but struggling
ira

Post by ira »

Coral wrote:
ira wrote:
Still alive but struggling
What is the problem?
Ira
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

@ ira
It appears to be a financial problem from what I can guess.
Small software developers from time to time pass through hard times when sales drop.
This type of software faces a challenge since all modern TVs can handle movie files directly without the need of conversion. This also applies to mobile devices such as tablets and cell phones. With this going on it is obvious that sales will drop.
This will reflect in a reduction of staff because not all people work for "Mother Theresa" :D :wink:
I saw this coming. A few years ago I suggested that ConvertXtoDVD should be made more versatile and offer a better finished product. Thus version 7 introduced the template editor which lets the user finish the conversion with a personal touch.
ira

Post by ira »

Just FYI to smile about:

Having purchased competitor products, then discovered the VSO suite, ironically well after having purchased VSO Blu-ray converter, I can tell you that you have the BEST Suite on the planet for each application. While I remain licensed to other competitor products, I have totally removed and archive others off my PC. PERIOD!

I understand the redundancy of some of your products since ConvertXtoVideo, the "Swiss Army Knife" of application but ConvertToDVD and BLU-Ray Converter are the "no brainer" approach that continue to have value for me. The way I operate, I prefer to acquire a view file in the formats I expect to use and archive it.

Finally, none of my requests are critical discoveries.

Good luck,
Ira
Ira
sam69

Re: CXD latest beta version 7.0.0.59

Post by sam69 »

Getting EAccessViolation in module ConvertXtoDvd.exe at 001CA77D when i exit the programe after conversion.Pl.guide...
Attachments
EAccessviolation - 0001CA7D
EAccessviolation - 0001CA7D
Saxtus

Re: CXD latest beta version 7.0.0.61

Post by Saxtus »

When adding to a Movie project some videos as "bonus titles", by default all of them are titled the same as the main movie.
This is an unwanted behaviour.

I remember that on a previous version (probably CXD v6) that wasn't the case and each bonus title was named after the filename it had.

Why has this behaviour been changed?
Is it possible to get the old behaviour back?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Saxtus wrote:When adding to a Movie project some videos as "bonus titles", by default all of them are titled the same as the main movie.
This is an unwanted behaviour.

I remember that on a previous version (probably CXD v6) that wasn't the case and each bonus title was named after the filename it had.

Why has this behaviour been changed?
Is it possible to get the old behaviour back?
I can not reproduce. All names in the bonus files remain the original.
I am using the Cinema template. And in the Global Settings > General " Import the metadata when loading files is not ticked.
Saxtus

Post by Saxtus »

Coral wrote:And in the Global Settings > General " Import the metadata when loading files is not ticked.
I had it ticked. Unticking it did the trick.
Thank you so much!!!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Saxtus wrote:
Coral wrote:And in the Global Settings > General " Import the metadata when loading files is not ticked.
I had it ticked. Unticking it did the trick.
Thank you so much!!!
Welcome
Glad you managed.
deadlyshadow
VSO Fanatic

Post by deadlyshadow »

Hi

It seems ConvertXtoDVD is not Optimized for AMD Zen structure, It uses at most 40% of a 4 Cores CPU (Ryzen 5 2400G) when converting a x264 without Hardware Acceleration.
AtelierD

Post by AtelierD »

Hello Team! I've been using -- and enjoying -- your software for a while now. I recently ran into an odd situation. Now that Windows Move Maker is gone, I don't have the ability to create a video from an MP3 and a JPG that lasts the length of the MP3. I tried making one in your software, but the output was only about 5 seconds because the JPG doesn't have an actual duration. Is it possible to add the feature of importing audio files AND image files together to create a full-length video file? For example, adding a pleasant background image to a jazz MP3.

TLDR: [Feature Request] Include the ability to add a still image file to an audio file to create a video that's the full length of the song, with the picture displayed for that whole time.
Also, some MP3s have the album cover embedded into the audio file itself. It would be nice to make a video of that, or a track on a DVD or Blu-Ray.

I've bought CXtoVideo and CXtoDVD. I am currently using ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2.0.0.91 and ConvertXtoDVD 7.0.0.61.

Many thanks!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Have you tried PhotoDVD ?
You can specify duration of each jpg or just single to match music and have effects if needed.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Beeterfly5

Post by Beeterfly5 »

I am unable to select any menu template. I get a black "no menu" thumbnail for the default template. No other menu options are offered. I manually placed templates from an earlier version in the apps folder, resulting in some templates being available but, no titles for the available menus and still no thumbnail [only black "no menu"] for any template.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Start by uninstalling completely your present version using the three options while installing.
AtelierD

Post by AtelierD »

JJ wrote:Have you tried PhotoDVD ?
You can specify duration of each jpg or just single to match music and have effects if needed.
Per your recommendation, I downloaded the trial version of PhotoDVD. It does work, but it takes some settings editing, checking, and tweaking. I found Windows DVD Maker in my Windows 7 features list and I set that up. It's not great, but simpler than PhotoDVD for the same task. Many thanks, though!
Saxtus

Post by Saxtus »

I've encountered a weird problem:
When I add a specific video file, CxD 7.0.0.61 is unable to preview it and crashes.
The file plays fine on other video players.

Code: Select all

General
Unique ID                   : 188660226050173221368306435364597055492 (0x8DEEA34B37DEF440991D6A389A4CC004)
Complete name               : V:\Movies\The Foreigner 2017 (1080p Bluray x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 7.1 Tigole)\Featurettes\Interviews.mkv
Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                   : 114 MiB
Duration                    : 28 min 0 s
Overall bit rate            : 567 kb/s
Movie name                  : The Foreigner
Encoded date                : UTC 2017-12-31 23:16:55
Writing application         : mkvmerge v14.0.0 ('Flow') 64bit
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : HEVC
Format/Info                 : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile              : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                    : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Bit rate                    : 485 kb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.010
Stream size                 : 97.2 MiB (86%)
Writing library             : x265 2.6+14-f09f3b4a2115:[Windows][GCC 7.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings           : cpuid=1173503 / frame-threads=3 / numa-pools=8 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1920x1080 / interlace=0 / total-frames=40287 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=3 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=23 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=6 / scenecut=40 / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=0 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=2 / limit-refs=3 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=3 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / no-rd-refine / analysis-reuse-mode=0 / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=24.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=2 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=0 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=2 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / max-cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / analysis-reuse-level=5 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-mv-type=0 / copy-pic=1
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : HE-AAC / LC
Format settings             : Explicit
Codec ID                    : A_AAC-2
Bit rate                    : 62.7 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 23.438 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : 40 ms
Stream size                 : 12.6 MiB (11%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes

Text #1
ID                          : 3
Format                      : VobSub
Muxing mode                 : zlib
Codec ID                    : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info               : Picture based subtitle format used on DVDs
Duration                    : 27 min 45 s
Bit rate                    : 14.7 kb/s
Count of elements           : 433
Stream size                 : 2.91 MiB (3%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : No

Text #2
ID                          : 4
Format                      : VobSub
Muxing mode                 : zlib
Codec ID                    : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info               : Picture based subtitle format used on DVDs
Duration                    : 27 min 55 s
Bit rate                    : 13.1 kb/s
Count of elements           : 440
Stream size                 : 2.62 MiB (2%)
Language                    : Spanish
Default                     : No

Menu
00:00:00.000                : en:Chapter 01
00:07:28.573                : en:Chapter 02
00:17:11.030                : en:Chapter 03
Should I upload the file so you can test it?
If yes, can I share the file link here temporarily or send it privately?
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

is the problem only with 10bit videos?
VSO Gold Member