How to fix ‘delayed’ subtitles

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

How to fix ‘delayed’ subtitles

Post by eddie11013 »

I’m going to assume that the issue is with the downloaded files. Because all my other movies come out just fine. Anyway, attached is a log of the result. I have downloaded ‘two’ different files, meaning two different ‘encoders’. The subtitle tracks play just fine on my desktop PC and 'in sync. That said, after conversion, the subtitle tracks are off about a ‘second’, sometimes a couple of seconds. Running latest version, .78

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20230221.192939.849.log
(32.21 KiB) Downloaded 1192 times
Clarification: These are TV episodes and in addition, they have embedded 'foreign language' subtitles and, most important', these foreign language subtitles are in sync. Hmm
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: How to fix ‘delayed’ subtitles

Post by JJ »

If subtitles are not made for your source file then their timing can drift off. Usually because frame rate difference but sometimes source file has been cut differently causing jumps.
Only way to fix those is to use subtitle editor. Most of subtitle editors have option to define starting point and ending point to match subtitles, this fixes drifting subtitles. Bad cuts requires manual editing.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

I actually already tried that, but it didn't seem to help - Subtitle-1.2.

Strange that the embedded 'foreign language' parts are in sync. Or maybe not.

Thanks for replying
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

If downloaded, try downloading from a different source
VSO Gold Member
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

I did download from 'two' different source's. I have actually download 'three different files. I wonder if I embedded the subtitles if that would work. Might give that a try.

Thanks for replying

Interesting, I embedded the subtitles and it actually "worked". Subtitles are in sync. Hmm

Issue resolved.

Thanks everyone