Beta testers?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

yoyo57

Re: Beta testers?

Post by yoyo57 »

Have you tried creating a new working folder on your external drive?
VSO Gold Member
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Well, it seems that it fixed itself. It would let me create a 'new' folder on the desktop, but then I would need to transfer the results to my "D" external drive. Anyway its working fine now.

This wondering about that ''Hardware decorder' thing, if any one has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

If I remember correctly:

You should not save results to root of any drive, a folder is needed always, every dvd has video_ts.
DVD encoding is not supporting GFX card (HW) encoding unless VSO changed something. BR does support HW encoding.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Katia

Post by Katia »

Eddie11013, here is the explanation of the use of hardware decoding/encoding in convertx programs:
hardware-accelerations-guide-t16234.html

Just some notes, cause this post was made in 2012:

Decoding: the limitation of hw decoding speed may vary, it's 30 fps in general, but can be faster. It can be up to 40% maximum faster than in real time (in purpose to not do competition with professional video cards).

Encoding: it's not only for users with Nvidia graphic card nowadays, almost every graphic card propose hw encoding now and convertx programs support them all. But it is still available only for blu-rays, not dvd, cause the hw encoding with mpeg2 codec used in dvd videos is taxed, so we don't use it.

Instances it's usually 1 or 2 max possible, so don't need to touch this option.
VSO Support Team
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

W A Y to complicated for me. So I'm just going to leave it alone. Been working fine without me touching it all these years. LOL

Thanks for replying
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

just turn it on and select your video card, and job done!
VSO Gold Member
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Thanks yoyo57

That part was done! Should I try and change the "Maximum of hardware decoder instances", current set at "2"?
Thanks in advance
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

If I may interrupt here with a related question. Does that hardware option only work with dedicated graphics cards or does it work if your monitor is using UHD and connected simply by HDMI to the motherboard?

Thanks!
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

For me it just shows the dedicated graphics card, not the one on the motherboard
Attachments
vso 9-01-2023 7-59-42 AM.jpg
VSO Gold Member