Beta testers?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

Beta testers?

Post by dbminter »

It seems there's a new CXD beta: 7.0.0.75. I tried to install it, but it said it would only run in a trial mode and create video with a watermark. So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled 7.0.0.69 back.

I was wondering. Is there a beta testing program that can be joined? If so, I'd be interested, and I might be a good candidate. I've been beta testing ImgBurn for over 15 years and I beta tested Macrium Reflect 8.0 and am currently beta testing 8.1. So, I have some experience in beta testing software. :) I figured I might be of help.

Thanks!
Katia

Re: Beta testers?

Post by Katia »

Hi! Please send us a message on support@vsosoftware.fr, we will see it.
Thank you for your help!
VSO Support Team
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Katia, I have opened a BUG report for this:

https://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=14148

I tried with a CLEAN INSTALL and cannot register it, bad binary, cannot connect to the internet etc...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

I just noticed this line now also, I have a feeling the VSO Infrastructure changed and it cannot talk to the upgrade server, or things the software is OFFLINE :(
Attachments
ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.75 Trial Version.jpg
ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.75 Offline Registration.jpg
02 - ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.75 UNSIGNED.jpg
01 - ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.75 UNSIGNED.jpg
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

So, it appears to have been a bug in .75. I had wondered why it was saying that, since 7.0.0.73 Beta let me install it and use it without saying it was in trial mode and would create watermarked output.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Windows prevents running of any software that is not widely spread, simply allow (run anyway) that, close and then start again.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Happy New Year JJ...

I just mentioned it to VSO since I don't recall ever getting this from any other VSO Software before, but that .75 one did :(

I rolled back to .73 and ALL my problems went away !
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

I updated with 7.0.0.75 and it installed ok, did not experience issues of Trial or Watermark.
They may have fixed the issue
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Nope. Still doesn't work. Wants to install in trial mode and create VIDEO_TS with watermark. Although all I did was run the same installer again I had run before over my old 7.0.0.69.

yoyo57, can you provide a link for the installer you downloaded and installed?
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Also, when I tried the trial of .75, adding a title set IMMEDIATELY starts conversion of VIDEO_TS output. This should NOT happen. Plus, conversion of a 50 minute input takes only 2 minutes. Should take longer than that. And the reason it only took 2 minutes was out of 54 minutes of listed input run time in CXD, the VIDEO_TS is only 9 minutes and 54 seconds. And, it IS protected with a watermark.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

[quote=Cougar_II post_id=108650 time=1672515684 user_id=34]
Happy New Year JJ...

I just mentioned it to VSO since I don't recall ever getting this from any other VSO Software before, but that .75 one did :(

I rolled back to .73 and ALL my problems went away !
[/quote]

You can run .73? When I try to, it detects a "new" update, but installs only 7.0.0.69. I was told in another thread .73 was depricated and that a new build of .69 was released in its place.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Oh, never mind. I see a gold final release of 7.0.0.75 was posted on VSO's CXD web page. I've installed it and it seems to be okay. I'm exporting that 54 minute input file now, but I don't foresee a problem with conversion. Will report back if there is, of course. :)
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Ohh interesting, I will download from that link & try again…..
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yeah, when I installed the gold .75 release, conversion was fine and everything worked as it had before.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

I have updated the bug report:

ALL THESE ISSUES were using this installation file --> http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.75.exe

dbminter suggested I download it directly off the VSO Website --> https://www.vso-software.fr/download_pr ... vertxtodvd

I installed and all these errors went about, VERY WEIRD !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is 1 BUG I found, see if you guys can reproduce it :)

Go Help / About

Now I can't close the window, I need to Task Manager and KILL the task !
Attachments
ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.75 Help - ABOUT.jpg
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

[quote=Cougar_II post_id=108658 time=1672583845 user_id=34]
I have updated the bug report:

ALL THESE ISSUES were using this installation file --> http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.75.exe

dbminter suggested I download it directly off the VSO Website --> https://www.vso-software.fr/download_pr ... vertxtodvd

I installed and all these errors went about, VERY WEIRD !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is 1 BUG I found, see if you guys can reproduce it :)

Go Help / About

Now I can't close the window, I need to Task Manager and KILL the task !
[/quote]

I can reproduce this bug. The exact same circumstances. The About window will not X close or right click and choose Close. You must kill off CXD in Task Manager.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Another seemingly related bug. After conversion, the CXD main window minimizes to the lower left corner. ALT+TAB into CXD brings the window back into focus, BUT you CANNOT minimize the window again. You CAN close the window, though.
Katia

Post by Katia »

Hello everybody!
Wishing you a great new year.

There was effectively a problem with new update file during a moment, it gave different errors of internet connection, binary files, etc. The bug was fixed on friday evening (french time).
If some of you still have problems with this new update 7.0.0.75, please uninstall the program, use our tool CleanVSO to remove all remnants of this software (https://download2.vso-software.fr/CleanVSO.exe) and install the program again from here: http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.75.exe
If it still doesn't work, you can write me at support@vsosoftware.fr

We will take care of the problem with "about" and "check for update" buttons that some users have, thank you for your feedbacks.
I've seen other bug reports that should already be fixed now.
Don't hesitate to tell us if you find something else, we are very grateful for your interaction!
VSO Support Team
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Regarding v76:
1) I have always set the: General/working folder to my back up external drive D. It seems I can't do that anymore. I appears it wants to put the finished video_ts folder in "one drive", which I don't use, or desktop or create a new folder. Solutions?

2) Unrelated: I have never 'touched' this setting. Should I? Anything to gain by adjusting this.
Screenshot 2023-01-03 092631.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-03 092631.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
Thanks in advance