[Solved] Can you embed “two” different subtitles?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

[Solved] Can you embed “two” different subtitles?

Post by eddie11013 »

The issue is that I have a movie that is in English, but at ‘two’ different times “two” 'other' different languages are spoken and, of course I would like to embed those subtitles. And I do have those “subtitles”.

Using most current v7.0.0.73 – Windows 11 – all ‘Windows’ updates

Thanks in advance
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Can you embed “two” different subtitles?

Post by Coral »

What do you mean by embed ?
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

From 'manual': Embed this subtitle into video: will "stick"/hard code the subtitles directly into the video. They will not be "removable" and they will not appear in the subtitle menu. Of course this is done on the converted result not your original video file.

I have used this process many a time in the past.

Little surprised your not aware of this, anyway, thanks for replying.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I doubt there's a way you can burn in, or embed, two different SRT files into a Title in CXD. I've not worked much externally with subtitle files, but there may be other apps that can merge two SRT files together into one subtitle file that could then be used with CXD.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Embedding means adding them to video so they can not be removed anymore.
You can embed several subtitles by adding one, carefully placing it, convert, then add another, place it so that it does not go on top previous one, convert.

Easier way is to add subtitles that can be turned on or selected with dvd player.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

OK. I'm with you now. I got confused since I refer to those kind of subtitles as hard coded.
I would take JJ's advice.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Just to be clear, I have “embed” subtitles many times in the past. I totally understand what that means. I’m glad that ConvertXtoDVD allows that.

@JJ – Understand your suggestions. “Embed” one subtitle, convert, use one of several programs that allow you to ‘extract’ the result to an Mp4 or some such, and then ‘embed’ a second subtitle. I assume that would work, but a “lot” of work.

Obviously, if I could find a subtitle file that included ‘both’ foreign languages that would be ideal.

Anyway, thanks everyone – problem solved.