Screen resolution

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

shaggythestewie

Screen resolution

Post by shaggythestewie »

I recently came across a 4K video file that I tried converting with a screen resolution of 3840x1608. When I finish burning the converted file, the resolution drops to 720x480. Is there a way I can convert the file and maintain the video file's original resolution without it dropping to what it burns as?
yoyo57

Re: Screen resolution

Post by yoyo57 »

If you have a bluray burner, try using vso convertxtohd. this will give you options to burn to bluray disk or to dvd disk (using avchd format option in the app), but will need to play back on a bluray player.
Convertxtodvd only does to lower resolution of dvds
VSO Gold Member
shaggythestewie

Post by shaggythestewie »

If I burn it to disk using that option, will it still come out to a higher resolution capable of being shown on a normal DVD player?

Forgot to mention that I don't have a BR burner.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

As far as I know, DVD is capped at 720x480. You won't get any higher resolution than that on a DVD player.

The other application mentioned will create higher resolution files and will write them to DVD discs, fitting them to the size of the DVD I would guess, but I would also bet the image quality will be reduced. And I would also bet that that DVD could only be played on a Blu-Ray player as that DVD won't have VIDEO_TS on it but the file and folder structure for Blu-Ray Video.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

avchd gives superior results on dvd5 media but yes need bd player
VSO Gold Member