Save Project as "Maj" key?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

Save Project as "Maj" key?

Post by dbminter »

The keyboard shortcut for Save Project as is "Maj+CTRL+S." What is the Maj key? I don't think I've ever heard of that before in my entire 30 years of using a PC.

Thanks!
Gripweed

Re: Save Project as "Maj" key?

Post by Gripweed »

Maj is French for Shift.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Thanks!

Should that Maj be changed to Shift since the rest of the English installation is in English?
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

I would think so but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to happen any time soon. VSO is concentrating on VSO Downloader right now and will get to the other VSO programs later. Unfortunately by "right now" I mean the last 2+ years. The days of VSO doing updates to 3-4 of their programs in a week are over.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yes, there's something like only 2 programmers working at VSO right now. So, development is slow and priorities have shifted elsewhere. In a different post I made, the roadmap reply was that VSO Downloader development was the main concentration. Then, once the latest ConvertXToHD, I think it was, was released, its engines would form the basis for CXD 8.0.
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

Believe me, I am truly heartbroken over what has happened with VSO. I am a long time user of their products and Gold Member. Thankfully I have all their latest programs still active or stored away but based on the circumstances I don't think we'll ever see updates to them. I really think they made an error with going with VSO Downloader first. There are literally 100+ other programs in the "Video Streaming Category" out there at this moment. Most are either free or at less of a cost than VSO Downloader. Also, what were they thinking with going with a subscription model? $4.99US a month/$34.99US a year? You've got to be kidding! Tubedigger and Internet Download Manager (IDM) are both $25US for a Lifetime licence. Both of them blow VSO Downloader away in speed and quality.
They should have gone with ConvertXtoDVD and ConvertXtoHD first as they are both unique programs and have little competition. And forget about a subscription model. Sometimes many months go by between my using a ConvertX program. I'm not as active in the video world as I once was but I'm far from being totally absent from it. I'm not going to pay to just have them sit there unused nor am I going to go through the hassle of re-subscribing for a month so I can use a program and then cancelling the subscription for the next month. I guess it is all supposition anyway as I don't think VSO will last past the release of VSO Downloader 6. I'm really bummed out at the thought of this.