converts colour to black and white video

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

drkstr47

converts colour to black and white video

Post by drkstr47 »

When converting music videos from MP4 on my hard drive to DVD, the result is black and white images. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?? I have done this in the past successfully.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: converts colour to black and white video

Post by Cougar_II »

Hi,

That is super strange....
I have not use ConvertXtoDVD in years now :(

Can you access the LOGS of this conversion, and maybe someone can figure something out ?

If I recall they should be in

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD check for .LOG or a LOG Folder

Also, would you happen to have an internet LINK so some of those videos, maybe someone else can reproduce with a specific video you downloaded.

Sorry it's all I can offer for now...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

I do this often and do not have this issue. Maybe a corrupted configuration.
Suggest do reinstall (using clean install option about 3rd screen in) to reset everything
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Generally when I've seen color playing back as black and white, that's been my experience of attempting to play PAL video on my NTSC TV. However, the video is also unwatchable as it's all wavy, like those old scrambled cable channels from the 1980's and 90's like Cinemax. That shouldn't be the case here. It looks like you're probably PAL, given your spelling of colour, so you'd be making PAL videos and playing them on a PAL TV. So, what I experienced is probably not what you are in this context. Plus, you're probably getting video that plays back fine in all other aspects other than the color being in black and white?

As for what you could try, I'd attempt to convert the source files into another codec and container format. I'd download something called AVIDeMux and then use it to create a whole new file. (Try just one video first as a proof of concept.) Change the Video field to something like x264, which is what I use. And then change the output file format to something else. I generally use MP4, but there are other options like MKV. Whatever you choose, I'd pick something other than the input file type.