CXD development abandoned?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

CXD development abandoned?

Post by dbminter »

Has development on CXD been abandoned? It's been like 3 years since the last 7.x beta and like 2 years since it was announced version 8 would be coming "soon." I realize COVID has come along since then and I think there was talk that there were only a handful of coders who could work on CXD, but I just wanted to check in.

Thanks!
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: CXD development abandoned?

Post by Cougar_II »

Happy Valentine’s Day

VSO are down to 2 developers only, and they spent the last 18 months working on Downloader v6

All their work will eventually be used to port to other products…

Rumours I heard is that ConvertXtoVideo would be next, hopefully all 64 bits and a brand new conversion engine.

With this new engine built, then it should be easier to work on ConvertXtoDVD & ConvertXtoHD.

My personal opinion, if VSO wishes to comment, they will…..
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
yoyo57

Re: CXD development abandoned?

Post by yoyo57 »

Convertxtodvd still meets all my needs and runs bug free despite its age.
Downloader 6 beta looks and performs quite well, even though only beta, so must be getting close to being ready for production.
Be great if Convertxtovideo would be next to go 64bit, and with a few modern functions added to it like ability to zoom in
VSO Gold Member