files not showing in left hand window pane , files not showing.

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

turbo1600

files not showing in left hand window pane , files not showing.

Post by turbo1600 »

sometimes it wont process files , sometimes it will, sometimes it will show a frame of video in right hand pane but NOTHING in the left hand pane.. anybody help ?
dbminter

Re: files not showing in left hand window pane , files not showing.

Post by dbminter »

Is this repeatable or just on a few files? If it's just a few files, it could be the input source files are "corrupt" or not authored correctly. CXD will sometimes silently fail on input. If this is repeatable over time, then someone more tech savvy with the software will have to chime in.

In the meantime, to see if it's corrupt input files, I'd try this. Download and install a piece of free software called AVIDeMux. Load a file that isn't behaving in AVIDeMux. Save it with a new Video codec, like x264 in the available list, and also as a new file type. For instance if it's MVK, save it as an MP4. Then, try loading the new saved file into CXD and see if it behaves any better. If it does, then the problem is probably a series of corrupt/incorrectly authored input files.
turbo1600

Post by turbo1600 »

ok, downloaded the software but its not free.. says i have to pay before i can save it.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

AVIDeMux? Are you sure you got the right thing? It's free. Did you try to get it from the Microsoft Store? The Microsoft Store version is not the official one. Don't give them your money. The software is free.

http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/