Conversion hang

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

karbotilne5

Conversion hang

Post by karbotilne5 »

Hello
I am having a lot of success creating projects from TV episodes. However I have just one problem project. It reports highest quality, so the number of episodes is not too high. I leave it converting overnight, but although it reports 4 hours or so, by the morning it says 16 hours and is static, no processing evident. It is on the 2nd pass on the first episode.....so seems to be the 2nd pass where it ‘hangs’ I tried a test conversion with various episodes 1 then 4 which converted perfectly, so don’t believe it’s the menu, font, background music image etc. My next plan is to process it completely, but turning off 2nd pass.....although not sure how this will impact in the final quality.

Any advice please ?VidMate Mobdro
Last edited by karbotilne5 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbminter

Re: Conversion problem

Post by dbminter »

I would also try a test conversion of just the one episode you said wasn't processing on its 2nd pass. You appeared to indicate the other 3 or 4 episodes did process on its 2nd pass. If it fails on just that one episode, you could try various things, but I'd first try converting that one episode to another file format with a different video and audio codec. I use AVIDeMux for that.

As for whether you need the 2nd pass, I disable it. There are too many problems with 2 pass encoding over the various years I've been using CXD. The most recent one that swore me off the option was video would convert with a 30 second still green screen at the start, replacing the video entirely.