Cannot remove ghost video playing on finished DVD menu screen

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Rogerbid

Cannot remove ghost video playing on finished DVD menu screen

Post by Rogerbid »

Hi,

I have not progressed to ConvertXtoDVD 7 but am using V4. I hope that someomne can help me even so.

I am trying to burn a video file to a DVD and cannot stop the video from playing in the background of the menu screen. Can you please advise how I can just have the plain blue background of the VSO Glossy Template? I do not recall having a video play in the background previously and dont know what I have done to make this happen! I have used the program for many years and been delighted but this is something I have not encountered before

Thanks for any suggestions,

Roger B
Windows 10
dbminter

Re: Cannot remove ghost video playing on finished DVD menu screen

Post by dbminter »

Well, given the extremely old age of CXD 4, I don't know if this will help you or not. However, this is what I think you need to do on CXD 7 to remove video from a menu.

Edit Menu --> Advanced Edit --> Right click anywhere on the menu that isn't a button or a title field and choose Edit background --> From the drop down menu at the top of this screen, choose No video/image.

It's nice to see another long time user of CXD. :) I've been using the software since 2.x. You may want to invest in a current license as the software has vastly improved its output. For instance, in the older days, audio was frequently out of sync with the video. Or if you use audio normalization, whenever there was silence in the audio and the audio resumed, the volume level would shoot back up to 100% for a bit before leveling back down.
Rogerbid

Post by Rogerbid »

Hello DBM, Thanks for your reply. Yes, a long time user and very satisfied but to read your recommendation maybe I will upgrade. I didnt realise just how long I have been using the software.

I will try your suggestion later today. I am making a DVD of my brother's funeral service and want it to be as good as I can make it!

Best wishes,

Roger
Windows 10
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I used CXD to make DVD's out of my father's funeral service and of my grandmother and grandfather on my mother's side. They all died before they started releasing recordings of the services on CD; they were on audio cassettes. So, I copied the cassettes to VHS by connecting my tape player, which is also my CD player and radio, via a setup I created to video tape radio. I then copied the VHS tapes to DVD with my VCR connected to my DVD Video Recorder. I then copied the raw VOB from the DVD Video Recorder into Wondershare Filmora so I could put a custom made image over the entire audio. (CXD doesn't always properly import VOB correctly.) I then input Filmora's MP4 into CXD for creating the VIDEO_TS folder and then ImgBurn to create the final DVD-R.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Wouldn't it be easier to connect tape recorder directly to computer microphone/line in and record from there, then use what ever video track and add that audio track to it?
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Line In is very unreliable. I once tried to record a 2 hour Dr. Demento Show that way. But, any kind of use of the HDD, which was the target for recording, caused the audio to drop out repeatedly over the entire length of the recording. I stopped using Line In once I developed the method to video tape radio/audio cassettes.