Conversion Is Impossible

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Skeeter

Conversion Is Impossible

Post by Skeeter »

It says Conversion is Impossible
799mb...is too large?
What am I missing?
Thanks!
dbminter

Re: Conversion Is Impossible

Post by dbminter »

Does it specifically say the running time is the reason conversion is impossible or does the error message say anything else helpful? Conversion may be impossible for reasons other than the running time. What is the running time of the file? It may be small, but the compression may be so great that it could be running for a really long time. It can also be because the compression is too good. I've seen small files running like 45 minutes that should fit on a DVD-5 make VIDEO_TS files that required a DVD-9. It could be the resulting VIDEO_TS would be larger than "8.5 GB."

If the file does not have a very long running time, I'd try converting the file with something like AVIDeMux to another file type, like say from MKV to MP4, and change the video codec so the file is essentially a "new" file. See if that new file works.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Just wondering...Is it because there are too "many" subtitles. i get this quite often and I just delete all the subtitles that I "don't" want.
That's it.
Hope this helps
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Yes something wrong for such a small file. Maybe do a "clean" reinstall, this is an option on about on the 3rd page into the installation
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Reinstalls generally won't affect the performance of something like this. In most cases, the cause is the source file.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Yes agree. But good to check that all setting are all correct, and program is not corrupt, then yes a bad input file.
I only ever see this message when I ask too much of the app / too big to convert
VSO Gold Member
Skeeter

Re: Conversion Is Impossible>Problem Solved

Post by Skeeter »

I had my DVD burner plugged into a new 3.0 4-port hub. I guess it didn't like it.
I plugged my DVD burner directly into my laptop and it converts and burns like a charm.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

That shouldn't have had an effect on conversion, though. Unless the ~800 MB file was being read in from a disc in the USB drive. Or the conversion is a direct burn to DVD after conversion. That might factor into it.
AncientWhiteArmyVet

Post by AncientWhiteArmyVet »

When I see this I remove any extraneous subtitles for languages I don't speak. This always does the trick.