convert x to dvd burn problem

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ph3iron

convert x to dvd burn problem

Post by ph3iron »

burning going fine, then shuts down and says "conversion cancelled by user"
dbminter

Re: convert x to dvd burn problem

Post by dbminter »

Probably a corrupt input file. As a test, try other files and see if this process is repeatable. If it is not, it's the input file you're using. If it is the input file you're using, try using some kind of software to save/convert the input from one format to another. If that doesn't work, recompress the file with different audio and video codecs to make, essentially, a "new" file. Try using AVIDeMux, it's what I use, offers the ability to save in different file formats, and the ability to recompress with new audio and video codecs. Plus, it's free.

EDIT: When you saying "burning," do you mean the actual writing process to disc by CXD or, as I initially interpreted, just the conversion process?
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Probably the fault of those Memorex DVD-R's. Either they're cheap (Most likely they are and they're CMC discs.) or your standalone DVD player doesn't like them.

You said you're using ImgBurn. I've been beta testing that for the past 16 years, so maybe I can provide a little insight. Insert one of these Memorex DVD-R and open ImgBurn in Read or Write mode. (Even though you can't actually write to the DVD-R once it's already written, you can still use Write mode in this case.) In the right hand pane of information, there's a section called Disc Information. In that section, there's an entry called MID. What is the MID for these Memorex DVD-R's? Does it say anything with CMC in it? Or possibly RITEK, which can cause playback issues, too?
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

As well as the points dbminter suggested.
Just to problem solve and resolve this. Just a little more info please.
What is the frequency of the problem?
Have you done a clean reinstall of the app?
Have you tried using the vso burning engine?
Also when I have issues with problem outputs, I always use rewriteable DVDs for testing so I don't waste good blank disks
VSO Gold Member