video file locked up convertstodvd

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

video file locked up convertstodvd

Post by eddie11013 »

This is the first time I have had a video file lock up the program. Had to use task manager to end program. Tried it '3' times, rebooting desktop PC once after '2nd try. I already downloaded a different file and it worked just fine. Just wondering if anyone can see why this file 'failed', so that maybe I can avoid in the future. Windows 10, all updates, 20H2, v19042.985 - 7.0.0.73
Info of said file:

MEDIAINFO
Container = Matroska (mkv)
Duration = 01:39:39.307
Filesize = 13 GiB
Overall bitrate = 18.0 Mb/s
Video
Codec info = HEVC Main 10@L5@Main | V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Resolution = 3840x2160
Display AR = 1.778 | 16:9
Bitrate = 17.7 Mb/s
Framerate = CFR 23.976
Color space = YUV
Chroma subsampling = 4:2:0
Encoder = x265 - 3.4hy:[Linux][GCC 7.5.0][64 bit] 10bit
Audio
Codec info = AC-3 | A_AC3
Channels = 6
Bitrate = CBR 384 kb/s
Samplerate = 48.0 kHz
Language = English

Included subtitles
English, English

Thanks in advance
dbminter

Re: video file locked up convertstodvd

Post by dbminter »

When I encounter input that chokes CXD, the first thing I try is loading it in AVIDeMux and create a new file with a different Video codec type so, basically, an entirely new file is created. See if that helps.
Alexanne

Post by Alexanne »

I havent had any problems in the past..
I was able to make the discs with ConvertXtoDVD, shrink them with DvdShrink, then burn them with NeroBRom

But now, all of a sudden, ConvertXtoDvd keeps freezing up, locking up my computer.. I cant even Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of it, i have to reboot the computer.

This is happening when i push convert, and usually a few minutes into the process. I should have enough memory, like i said, I've done like 15 converts with the software in the past 3 months with no problems. Now all of a sudden its locking up??? I dont get it.

MOD EDIT: This post was done by spammer in attempt to get proper access to posting with links. User is now banned, this message is left just to demonstrate level of spamming attempts.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Since it worked fine at points in the past, it seems there's some kind of configuration problem somewhere. Hopefully, it's with CXD and can be cured up by a reinstall of the application. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling CXD?