Need Subtitles Disabled

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

RicRey

Need Subtitles Disabled

Post by RicRey »

I can disable subtitles in my VLC Player, so I know they're not part of the video. And I've fiddled with the settings, but get no where. When I go to preview a video before committing to burning a disc, it shows subtitles no matter what. It seems to be a problem with any anime I try making a disc of.
bach4816

Re: Need Subtitles Disabled

Post by bach4816 »

depending on where you are getting the video files, some people post files to web sites with subtitles burned into them and they can't be removed. Most subtitles are a separate file. Thus when you get a video file, watch the video prior to burning to see if it plays and has subtitles burned into it. If it does look for another one!!!
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

go to this screen to fix this i.e. subs do not automatically appear when play dvd
Attachments
sub1-05-2021 8-20-26 AM.jpg
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I believe the software default is to Always display a subtitle track on playback. So, that option is probably checked. Try unchecking that option. I know I have to uncheck it when configuration a new installation of CXD.
ernie1022

Post by ernie1022 »

yoyo57 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:21 pm go to this screen to fix this i.e. subs do not automatically appear when play dvd
Sorry, but that doesn't work!
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

If that does not work, can only suggest do a "clean" install, and then turn off subs as described in the previous image.
As something wrong with your config that a clean install may fix. The actions in the image work for me.
VSO Gold Member
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Some players have option to turn subtitles on/off or even showing only certain language subtitles.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!