Cannot play "burned" DVD

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

daven

Cannot play "burned" DVD

Post by daven »

I am using ConvertXtoDVD 7.0.0.69
I created a project using a divx file, set up chapters, checked through preview and then set to convert.
At the end of the conversion, there is no indication of any error.
I then went to burn the DVD and it seemed to work fine with no error messages.
When I try to play the DVD on either my PC or my Sony BD player (yes, it handles DVDs), I cannot get it to play. Unfortunately, the messages coming back from the BD player are not helpful (just says unknown media).
I've tried using VLC; message is "Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///E:/'. Check the log for details."
I've tried using File Explorer to look at the DVD and it looks like it is blank (see screenshot).
What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Dave
Capture.PNG
yoyo57

Re: Cannot play "burned" DVD

Post by yoyo57 »

I am using latest version 7.0.0.73 and do not have these issues.
If dvd appears blank, maybe check settings in case have converted it to a folder on pc instead of to dvd
VSO Gold Member
daven

Post by daven »

Upon doing some further research, I checked inside the ConvertXToDVD folder for the project and both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO-TS folders are empty which implies that the conversion did not complete successfully. Nothing in the log to suggest that was the case............

So I did a Convert again - changed nothing in parameters. This time it worked. So, I tried the same process again on a new project. The first time, the same result = empty folders. 2nd time it worked.

Any ideas on why this is?
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Suggest install latest version 7.0.0.73 and tick the three cleaning options.
Attachments
vso 31-03-2021 3-05-04 PM.jpg
VSO Gold Member
daven

Post by daven »

The beta version 7.0.0.73 seems to have eradicated this problem. Many thanks!