Unknown Disc Format

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Unknown Disc Format

Post by ira »

vso_convertxtodvd_setup_7.0.0.73:
First time to see this with any release:
Unknown Disc Format.jpg
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20201106.121939.938.log
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
a. I use ANYDVD HD to decode the Blu-Ray. - I have don't this with VSO s/w no problem and with this one too.
b. The Unknown Disc Format pops up in the middle of the conversion and is pointing to the SOURCE commercial BD disc. The other drive has a blank DVD-R and is the one set to be the writer as you probably see from the log.
c. I have two optical drives. The source commercial BD is inserted into a BD writer/player. A blank DVD-R is inserted in the DVD writer/player. Did this many times SINCE VSO BD Converter and CX2V each will NOT work in Win 7 for many months. You folks said that someday (I wish NOW) these two programs 64 bit versions were available as you told me the 64 bit version WILL ruin in W7.
d. Third try it never completed the conversion and did the partial burn.

MORE INFO with ConvertXtoDVD 7_crashlog.20201106.150056.506.log:
I set output to ISO in folder. (no DVD). Got exactly the same pop up. See attached

What is going on?
Ira
ConvertXtoDVD 7_crashlog.20201106.150056.506.log
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Ira
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Unknown Disc Format

Post by JJ »

Try to copy contents of that BR to HD. With AnyDVD HD running it should be able to copy it.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ira

Post by ira »

I appreciate your suggestion. I thought about that but had NEVER had to do so. I respectfully ask if you know WHY it actually happened this time. Keep in mind while it is NOT the same as your suggestion, recall that I changed OUTPUT to be the .ISO folder on HD. Same result.

So, may I ask if you've ever heard of this issue being something that would be resolved by copying to HD and run the source from there? Yes/No?

Much more desirable is if someday the 64 BIT apps will be released to allow me to run BlurayConverterUltimate and convertxtovideo. I lost a lot when they stopped working in Win7 about a yr ago. When will the 64 bit apps be released?
Ira
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

The problem could be coming from the type of incription on the commercial media.
It would be best to do what JJ has suggested. Or rip the media first.

The 64 bit version is still work in progress. No issue date yet.
ira

Post by ira »

What exactly “rip the media” mean? I can’t imagine you expect cx2Dvd to perform anything on this media
Ira
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Most commercial media is protected. All have encryption. AnyDVD removes encryption, but if there is also protection then contents can not be copied.
Old way of preventing copying was to add some content that was never meant to be opened when played with DVD player and on purpose make that content unreadable or to contain wrong checksum.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ira

Post by ira »

Explanation much appreciated but known. I have been using ANYDVD HD for years, am using latest beta, the movie is from 2015 and have never experienced such a msg with my for few times though having to use cx2Dvd since Blu-ray Converter stopped working for me in W7.

I accept there be something about that media that I have never experienced with others.

Thanks,
Ira
Ira