Buying a new computer

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

Buying a new computer

Post by eddie11013 »

During this “sale” season, and thinking of ConvertXtoDVD, what would be the main things to focus on. What I mean is that, on average, it takes my current PC about 4 hours to convert a 10 GB mkv file. I think I saw someone say they can convert a file in 15 minutes. I’m going to assume that is a very expensive PC. Not looking for that, just something better than what I have. Senior citizen on fixed income.

Thanks in advance
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Buying a new computer

Post by Coral »

Primarily you will need the fastest processor you can afford to buy and the largest and fastest HDD possible.

Secondly. A very good graphics card and reasonable amount of RAM

All this depends on the size of your pocket.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Thanks - I get the 'ram', have bought more over time, so that's easy to understand. That said, the CPU, with AMD and Intel, I haven't seen anything that tells me that an i5 or i7 equals an AMD? And the thing about a graphics card, well I have no idea how to go about that issue. Maybe I should assume that if I can address the 'ram and cpu' that the other will take care of itself.

Thanks for replying
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

If you use the specifications for a gaming computer from say 2019, you will get excellent results and at a good price.
VSO Gold Member
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

yoyo57 is giving you a good tip.
The main hardware which will definitely boost performance is the CPU.