title menu page TITLE

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ArthurDent2020

title menu page TITLE

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

I have 3 weddings to put on a single DVD would be great if three title pages could have different titles e.g. Steves wedding, Freds wedding, alberts wedding, is this possible ?i think each page can have a differen background

Thanks
dbminter

Re: title menu page TITLE

Post by dbminter »

I don't understand why you don't put all 3 weddings on the main page and name each one individually. That way, when you access each one, you get new submenus that are named with the name of the title on the main page.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

ArthurDent2020 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:26 pm Hello

I have 3 weddings to put on a single DVD would be great if three title pages could have different titles e.g. Steves wedding, Freds wedding, alberts wedding, is this possible ?i think each page can have a differen background

Thanks
This is the way to go !
You can have different backgrounds on the title menu and each root menu.
The root menus are created automatically with all required buttons, like: Play, Chapters, Back .......
Each title will take you to the corisponding root menu
Attachments
Titles.jpg
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

I find it curious when I ask a question on a forum, instead of answering the question, I get told “why don’t you do it this way?” Or “why don’t you do it that way ?”

What I need to know is can I have different titles on each page ? Can this be added ? Or does it clash with DVD standards ?

FYI the weddings have 3-6 individual videos e.g. the ceremony, photos, reception, honeymoon etc.

So do need a page for each, also be handy if it was possible to have 3 on one page 6 on the next and 5 On the third.....but as far as I can tell the number of ‘episodes ‘ per page has to be a set number, with the remainder on the last page.

Wonder if BlyRay is more flexible ?

Only solution I can think of is to modify the background image with text, relating to the event on that page and not having a ‘ Title’ at all But still would need the same number of episodes per page.....

I would have thought if I had this done professionally then such a layout would be possible.....I.e. different titles on each Title page with number of ‘episodes ‘ varying across pages.

Thanks. Oral, that is an idea, if there was a single video file for each wedding
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Doing as was suggested gives just what you want.

One DVD with up to 99 weddings, each wedding can have up to 99 chapters; parts / videos from same wedding.
That is the way DVDs are built, even professional ones.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

No it doesn’t....

What I need is

Page 1 Title “Fred’s wedding”
Page 2 Title “ Alberts wedding”
Page 3 Title “ Daves wedding “

Page 1 will have 3 episodes
Page 2 will have 6 episodes
Page 3 will have 4 episodes

Can’t see how this is possible.....there are various Tilte Name options, but none of them say apply to this page only 🤯

The only way I can see around it is to have 3 images from the individual weddings as backgrounds and overlay each image with the text for the particular wedding...and NOT have a title at all.... then choose 6 episodes per page, but on the one with 3 episodes creat 3 dummy videos of 5 seconds duration then hide them Etc. Think this would work, if the ‘Dummy’ episodes don’t show they can’t be selected 👍
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

What I need is

Page 1 Title “Fred’s wedding”
Page 2 Title “ Alberts wedding”
Page 3 Title “ Daves wedding “

Page 1 will have 3 episodes
Page 2 will have 6 episodes
Page 3 will have 4 episodes
Steps:

Add first video of Fred's wedding. Then add all other videos from Fred's wedding to this first one, those will be chapters in Fred's Wedding and you can modify names etc. from chapter menu.
Add first video of Albert's wedding. Then add all other videos from Albert's wedding to this first one, those will be chapters in Albert's Wedding and you can modify names etc. from chapter menu.
Add first video of Dave's wedding. Then add all other videos from Dave's wedding to this first one, those will be chapters in Dave's Wedding and you can modify names etc. from chapter menu.

With correct menu settings you will have first page with option to select which of those three to play. Then second menu will give you chapters on that wedding.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Thanks will give this a try

One question

When you say “Add first video of Fred's wedding. Then add all other videos from Fred's wedding to this first one“

Are you referring to a direct process than simply adding 3 episodes ? You say add the other two the first one ???

Thanks
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Still would, ike to know is it actually possible ? Or legally allowed, to have a different title name for each title page ?
Thanks
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Add all videos from one wedding to one file:
add first video, then merge second one to it and rest of that wedding.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

This might explain what can be done:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Inside_DV ... _Structure
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

Trying my best to understand this, Taking wedding 1 for example, are you saying to Merge all three video files into a single video file ? If so, Using CXtoDVD or a third party app ?

Then are the chapters created automatically where the video files 1,2,3 are merged ?
Thanks
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

He's probably mentioning using the Merge function in CXD.

Add a video container file to a job. On the right side, there's a sliding menu of options on the bottom like Subtitle and Chapter. At the very end, which you may have to scroll to, there's a film strip icon representing Merge. You merge titles to existing titles with that function. Chapter points are added at the point where titles are merged. If the resulting merged title is longer than your specified amount to not add Chapters to, Chapters will added at your specified interval in settings, in addition to chapters being placed at the point where you merged each title.

Or, as said, you could use an external application to merge the video files into one. I use AVIDeMux for merging titles. But, you may have your own preferred application for doing so.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

I use free lossless cutter, which also merges files losslessley , but of course no chapters will be created, if I use CX2DVD then there will be losses, especially as I have just created the 3 videos from a single video of the wedding.

May just make a single title Wedding 1, wedding 2, wedding 3, the list the episodes with a prefix of the wedding.....e.g.
Dave & Sandra The ceremony
Dave & Sandra Confetti & Photos
Dave & Sandra The reception etc. etc. etc.

Then when Dave & Sandra episodes finished it will be, Terry & Jane The ceremony etc. Will use dummy video episodes of 5 second duration and make ‘hidden’ that way can have odd numbers of episodes on each page if needed.....

Or the other idea to add text to the background image and not use the titles at all

So image 1 would say
Wedding 1 page 1
Wedding 2 page 2
Wedding 3 page 3

To show which pages which wedding is on

Then on page 2 it would say wedding 2
Then on page 3 it would say wedding 3

Clearly will have to spend some time working around the limitations of ConvertXtoDVD / DVD restrictions
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hi

If I move up to blueray, do I get any more flexibility with menus ? So I could have 3 or 4 titles on the main page, where if one was selected it would open up a new page listing the episodes....as per my original post...

Thanks
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

You might want to ask that question under the ConvertXToHD 3 forum. I believe that application is the "ConvertXToBlu-Ray" program. However, I believe CHD behaves, in execution, the same as CXD, meaning it would generate BD's that are designed in terms of menus, etc. the way CXD DVD's behave. Although, I admit, I don't know that for sure.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Lets skip the wedding scenario for now and make this simple...

Can I have the first page with a list of Seasons of a series
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
etc.

then clicking on Season 1 gives a page with
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6

where the epiosde reqiored can be played

and

then clicking on Season 2 gives a page with
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6

where the epiosde reqiored can be played

this is in a nutshell what i am trying to achieve

Thanks
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Yes, You make each season a track and all episodes in a season as chapters using merge function.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

If I decide to add the files and let CXtoDVD auto create chapters, do I add these in a different way, than adding at the beginning of the project ?

Thanks
Last edited by ArthurDent2020 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

There will always be re-encoding when doing DVD as DVD has very strict and limited version of mpeg2.
Quality loss is usually not even visible.