title menu page TITLE

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ArthurDent2020

Re: title menu page TITLE

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Agreed, but wouldn’t merging files result in more re encoding ?

Is Chapters the only way do this ? There are other programs I have looked at which look like they can have a title page, with links which then can be clicked to access other pages of associated files......?

Thanks
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

DVD format does not allow anything else.
DVD can have tracks and tracks can have chapters.
Main menu is all tracks, each track can have submenu with chapters and selections for subtitles etc.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

Will fire up ConvertXtoDVD and have a play, but with Tmpgenc authoring works 6, it’s so much more straightforward.....add all video files , which are in Title 1, then click Title 2 and add the next lot of video files....first page then has Title 1 & Tile 2 which point to the Representative chapter Pages....or can add chapter points in the timeline and they appear exactly the same as added video files.....

So at the moment I can’t see how to do the same in CXtoDVD, how to add video files to different Titles....oh well maybe it will become clear when I try later.....CxtoDVD is a very well presented program, but maybe this part of it could be made easier as with Authoring works 6 🤞

UPDATE just reading through the manual, it says as each new video is entered it connects to the next Titleset so assume I would have to merge the individual files to create chapter points, whereas in Authoring works 6 they remain as individual files but still show as chapters......curious
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Found how to `MERGE` video titles into Track 1,
I thought the `MERGE` referred to was on the video timeline
However, the `Chapters` created are named Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Etc. is there a way to retain the original file names when they are merged into Track 1 ?

Also having problems with Titleset 1 & 2, they display ok, but when clicked on they play the entire chapter set, want to display a page with the chapters so can be chosen individually.

thanks
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hi

Not getting very far with a solution to my problem.
I add 4 video files And they all are created with title sets 1-4....so I merge them to Titleset 1
Then add 4 more video files which create as title set 2-5....I then merge these as title set 2

I now have Titleset 1 with 4 files ( chapters 🤨) and Titleset 2 with 4 files ( chapters 🤨 )

Now when I click on tile 1 or 2 in the Title page, I want to go to the chapter menu page(s)

So title 1 goes to the chapter menu for tile 1 etc.

BUT clicking on Title 1 or 2 takes me to the root menu....

Can this ( I hope 🤞🤞🤞 ) be configured this way ? Thanks

P.S. also curious that 4 hours is the MAX for a DVD9 , but Convertxtodvd allows me to create one with 6 hours of video ????
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

About your P.S. question. The 4 hours maximum designation was instigated back in the days of DVD video recorders. So, a DVD-9 held 4 hours at standard VHS quality compression and a DVD-5 2 hours. And at the maximum compression, you could get 6 hours on a DVD-5 in a DVD video recorder.

However, you can get theoretically any amount of time on a DVD given the right compression. For instance, I once got 11 hours on a DVD-9 with CXD! However, that was a series of audio CD's for a book on CD I converted to MP4 video. So, it was basically CD audio playing with a still screen image for video. Thus, it wasn't very large video content.

By contrast, I once had a 45 minute container file that took up an entire DVD-5 when CXD made its VIDEO_TS.

It all depends on 2 factors. The running time of the video and the original compression used in the video.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Thank you, so I can only assume convertxto dvd is compressing my video to fit 6 hours on DVD9, as in windows explorer it clearly says 6 hrs runtime....
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Desperately need an answer to the Titleset chapter problems I am having p l e a s e 🙏🙏🙏
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

[quote=ArthurDent2020 post_id=106779 time=1600707121 user_id=162626]
Thank you, so I can only assume convertxto dvd is compressing my video to fit 6 hours on DVD9, as in windows explorer it clearly says 6 hrs runtime....
[/quote]

There may not necessarily be any compression being done. If you were to add another title set to this 6 hours of content, then it might still fit on a DVD-9, but some compression might be done versus the original 6 hours you started off with. It depends on how large the VIDEO_TS of your first 6 hour DVD-9 was and the title you add to the new DVD-9.

As another data point, I just created a new audio CD collection to DVD yesterday. That one I mentioned, I got 11 hours of contents, but this one is between 5 and 6 hours and was about 5.5 GB. So, depending on the source I add, it may or may not need compression because there's about 2.5 GB left on the DVD-9. It depends on the title set I add. It's running time and its original source compression.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Thank you

That definitely explains the video length issue....could well be my source video has a lower than standard bot rate, allowing more hours to be burnt

Just need the title page / chapter problem resolved so I can move on with my project

Thanks
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hello

Still looking for a solution....

I have added several video tracks and merged them as Title 1
Then I added some more tracks and merged them as Title 2

I renamed Titles 1 & 2

I choose VSO glossy with 10 items per page, but when I select Simulation and click on one of the Titles it goes straight to the first Chapter ( Video track ) I want it to go the the Chapter pages.....so how do I achieve this please ?

Thanks
5D5E95BA-BF5D-4CCF-BFA6-943CFEBAC2C4.jpeg