ConvertXDVD 7 Menu Thumbnails

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Snowowl

ConvertXDVD 7 Menu Thumbnails

Post by Snowowl »

Hi, I have started using Version 7 after years of running version 5 on older computers. I have many menu templates that I have imported into the new version and they seem to work well, except for 1 issue.

I cannot find were to set the start time for the thumbnail video displayed in the DVD menu.

I thought it was because I had used an older template, but there does not seem to be any way to change it in the new templates either. I saw a place in the titleset editor that looked like it had sliders, but they could not be moved.

It is very useful when the videos all have the same title sequence and you want to start the thumbnail at say, 30 seconds in to get a variety of images instead of the same image repeated 5 times down the menu page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Snowowl -
Snowowl

Re: ConvertXDVD 7 Menu Thumbnails

Post by Snowowl »

OK, I have figured it out. :wink:

The issue was indeed my old templates, I will have to recreate then using the new "Open Style" templates as a starting point.

Most of my templates were based on the Mirror Black templates which no longer exists, but the Moon template seems to be a good starting point. I have created a template that loads into the list, but is incomplete at this point. I am hopeful I can do the modifications to make them work as I did for version 5.

It would have been nice to have be able to import the old templates so they could be customized as the new set are.

- Snowowl -
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXDVD 7 Menu Thumbnails

Post by Maggie »

Hi there,
Glad you sort it out!
VSO Team tried to make this import possible, but the evolutions on the menu editor multiply potential errors, unfortunately :(
Maggie,
VSO Support