Import metadata option

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

Import metadata option

Post by dbminter »

What exactly does the Import metadata option do? What metadata is imported from files if they contain them? Does metadata include chapter points for containers that have them?

Thanks!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Import metadata option

Post by Coral »

dbminter wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm What exactly does the Import metadata option do? What metadata is imported from files if they contain them? Does metadata include chapter points for containers that have them?

Thanks!
Metadata is the information about the file being imported. CX7 is supposed to use that data to help process the file. But sometimes this doesn't help and can cause problems. Perhaps it would be best to leave this option unselected.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Actually, I do disable this option when setting up a new install of CXD. Because I have noticed it tended to cause more problems than convenience. I was curious as to what actually is imported. Particularly, if chapter points from containers that support them are imported in metadata or not. If they were, I would consider enabling importing metadata.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

There should be a reference for chapter points. However if I were you I would choose not to use metadata.
It has always caused more trouble for me than being useful.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Hee, I just noticed the typo I made in the Subject line. :)
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

dbminter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:34 pm Hee, I just noticed the typo I made in the Subject line. :)
Fixed !
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Thanks a lot!