CXD output playback on the PS3

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

CXD output playback on the PS3

Post by dbminter »

Does anyone out there still have a PS3? If so, have you noticed the same behavior I have with CXD 7 discs? On scanning forward or backwards, the PS3 randomly "pauses." It stops on a still image. If I press Enter, Play resumes at that point. I can then resume scanning the disc, until it randomly pauses again.

It does not do this on pressed discs, only on CXD content. And it's not a disc quality issue. Because it happens on any kind of DVD disc I use to store the CXD VIDEO_TS on. Ritek 8x DVD+RW, Verbatim Datalife Plus MCC DVD-R and DVD+R, and Verbatim Datalife Plus MKM DVD+R DL. And this behavior doesn't occur on my Sanyo DVD player with the same discs.

Since it's random and can't be repeated, even on the same disc, there's nothing to really point to in terms of troubleshooting. I just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this behavior. For me, it's been doing it for years.

Thanks!
Etlej89o

Re: CXD output playback on the PS3

Post by Etlej89o »

Both PS3 & PS4 have what is known as Cinavia protection, doesn't allow you to put in them anything you don't actually buy in the stores, meaning store bought original dvd's. You can however use a converter to put them into the proper format then put them onto a USB drive and plug them into the PS3 or 4 and play them.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

You can play any burned disc on those, just make sure that your disc is good quality.
Some restrictions on some players might prevent from playing PAL or NTSC.
Cinavia is on audio track and does not prevent playing but will show warning and might mute sound.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yeah, it's not a copy protection issue as the content plays fine. It's just Forward and Reverse scanning.

It's not a disc quality issue because it occurs on both Ritek 8x DVD+RW, which is 2nd tier, admittedly, and on Verbatim MCM/MKM DataLife Plus/AZO (NOT the CMC Life Series junk you find in stores.) DVD-R, DVD+R, and DVD+R DL, which are top tier. The only constant factor is the VIDEO_TS contents were made by CXD 7. Other DVD's I've made and pressed DVD's don't do this on the PS3.

It's not a PAL issue because I set CXD to play NSTC, which my PS3 is. And my PS3 simply won't play any content from a PAL disc. It returns an error message saying the disc cannot be played because of the video standard.