Conversion canceled by user

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

Conversion canceled by user

Post by eddie11013 »

I'm going to assume that the issue is with the video file that I was working with, although I have never had this issue before and I don't understand why. I ran this same file twice and got the message that the conversion was canceled by user. Since I did no such thing, I ran my usual "anti" stuff, sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f /r /x . Ran a different video file and the conversion completed without issue.

I ran the ‘issue’ video file again, after don’t the ‘anti’ stuff, and again got the ‘conversion canceled by user”

Just posting in case someone sees something in the attached logs. Windows 10, May update, latest version .73

Thanks in advance

posting 3 logs
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200625.065722.362.log
(16.9 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200625.110626.070.log
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200625.100654.038.log
(28.22 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Conversion canceled by user

Post by Maggie »

Hello,
How many subtitles? Could you retry with one or two sub-tracks only?
Regards,
Maggie
Maggie,
VSO Support
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Actually, some of these files have a "lot" of subtitles, but I always remove all except English. Some times there are "two" English and I keep both because sometimes the 'second' English file is for "foreign parts". In these video files, some episodes had only 'one' English file and some had up to 9 subtitle files. As previously mentioned, on 'those' files I always remove all but the "English" files. Staying with the 'subtitle' question, I have converted some TV episodes that had maybe 15-20 subtitle tracks, and have always deleted all of them in advance, except the English subs, and the results have always worked. Just saying.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for replying and stay safe

It appears that you were on the right track. I reran the video files in question, deleted "all" the subtitle tracks, and the operation completed without issue. I don't know how the subtitle tracks caused convertxtodvd to tell 'itself' that the conversion was canceled by user, but it did. Anyway, since I 'want' subtitle tracks I will have to find a 'different' video files.

Thanks and maybe this helps you in some way to see if there is an "issue" with convertxtodvd or not. Log attached of this completed project.
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200625.183821.851.log
(19.21 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Great, yes we are experiencing memory leak, especially when encoding subtitles.
Sorry for that!

Improvments about that on the last version: http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.73.exe
Maggie,
VSO Support
djnish

Post by djnish »

Trying to convert movie. How do I remove all subs except for English? Notice says "Conversion is impossible, reduce project length.

Thank you.
Jackie
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

click on subtitle icon (next to audio), this brings up subtitle options window, then delete the subtitles you do not want. e.g. delete all other languages except for one English subtitle (if you want English subs). Or delete them all if do not want subtitles
VSO Gold Member