Tip for successful burning of DVDs especially DL

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Tip for successful burning of DVDs especially DL

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Had some issues with burnt DVDs where a couple of episodes wouldn’t play, or jumped to No.1 mainly on DL DVDs so tried burning at 1x speed...most software won’t let you drop this low, I used CloneDVD....by elbysoft.....if there is another, would love to know....anyway, all DVDs burnt at 1x speed worked perfectly and even started up and responded quicker.....FYI
dbminter

Re: Tip for successful burning of DVDs especially DL

Post by dbminter »

You will always have a better quality burn at lower speeds. The quality of the burn/disc determines whether you have playback issues and will affect longer load times. So, you have to experiment a little. For instance, I've found 8x on Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+R DL in my drives have always burned well at the maximum 8x. However, the discs you use, particularly if you're using CMC Magnetics cheap discs, and how well they play with a drive can be alleviated by burning at lower speeds.

ImgBurn will allow you to set write speeds, but it is limited to a "minimum" speed based on the slowest rated rating is written to the disc.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Thanks
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

While burning at low speed can at times eliminate errors during burning. It would make all the difference if the brands of the media are the ones suggest by the burner makers. And to make sure that they are genuine.
Another good rule is not to fill the media right to the outer edges since that is the part which is usually faulty because of the spreading of the dye.

Also remember that the lazer in time it will get faulty. Something which I have noticed is the fact that burned DVDs will play fine on one player but fail to play on some others.