Question about running a project

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

Re: Question about running a project

Post by dbminter »

Ah, yes, another release bug where the button overlays don't work. When the initial gold release of 7 came out, the menu buttons didn't work either.

Well, that option to disable the menu animations is a bit cumbersome. I'd have to remember to disable it on EVERY project I create. I'd much prefer a way to disable it in the default Options, but it's not present there.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

You can produce a menu template with the menu animations altered or removed compleatly, using the template editor.
Attachments
intro outro bug workaround 3.jpg
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I've often thought of toying around with the template editor. Basically, all I'd like to do is take the default menu and settings CXD provides for projects and change the menu option so there aren't animated menus. Can the template editor do that?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

dbminter wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 pm I've often thought of toying around with the template editor. Basically, all I'd like to do is take the default menu and settings CXD provides for projects and change the menu option so there aren't animated menus. Can the template editor do that?
Yes it can. This is what I have just told you further up.
You can build a template with all the resources you choose and save it to be used whenever you choose.
The image shows step 2 of the template editor.

I have been working with one of the VSO coders for over a year on the template editor. There are still a few things which need looking into, but unfortunately the person in charge of that project is no longer with VSO. Getting into those details is now vertually impossible.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I'm sorry, I used the wrong terminology. By "animated menu," I wanted to remove the audio and video that plays "underneath" the menu buttons on sub menus. I thought that was what meant by animated menu. I see animated menu just means the animation that plays when you select a button, like to start playing every title or to select a sub menu.

I wanted to completely eliminated the audio and video that plays on sub menus. Is there way to do that? Set playback duration to 0 seconds, maybe?

Thanks!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

dbminter wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:04 am I wanted to completely eliminated the audio and video that plays on sub menus. Is there way to do that? Set playback duration to 0 seconds, maybe?

Thanks!
Yes you can.
Check the following settings:
Get to Advanced Edit as in the first picture.

Go to Menu Options to do any required adjustments, as in the second picture.
You can remove the intro and outro animations on the menu pages.

Use the settings as in the third and fourth pictures to apply a still image from the movie as the background. Or use an external image.
Remove the audio or use an external audio file.

Experimenting with these settings should help you get the result you want.
Attachments
Image - 1.jpg
Image - 2.jpg
Image - 3.jpg
Image - 4.jpg
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Thanks! Those settings look like precisely what I needed. I failed to see the Still Image check box.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I tried doing what you said, but it didn't work. When I tried to select the Duration options, like Use a still image, they never become selectable. They're always greyed out.

This may be because you're using an older version. The newest version, these options don't appear to be selectable, which appears to be another bug.

EDIT: No, it's not that. I installed .61 because that's the version you said last worked best, but I still cannot select any of the Duration options, including Use a still image.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I suggest that you uninstall the version you're using and start off with a "clean" installation.

To get a clean installation. Install the version which you intend to use (for me 7.0.0.61 works fine).
During the installation tick the 3 options on the lower part of the interphase. This will give you a clean installation without any traces of the past version.
You will have to do all your settings again after a "clean" install.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yes, I'm familiar with that; I've done it before. I'll reply back with my results later.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I discovered what was preventing me from doing it, but it may be a bug, or, at least, undesired behavior.

I always change the default Menu Options setting for Don't create title menu for single title. I always uncheck this option because even if I only have 1 title, I want the main menu to always load up first when the DVD starts.

Anyway, with that option unchecked, the Duration options, including the Use still image, are not selectable. But, is this a bug? Shouldn't the option still be available for those who want to change it on single title DVD's? If it's not a bug, is it undesired behavior, counterintuitive to logic?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, the Template Editor will NOT let me edit the default template to select Use a still image, even with the Don't create title menu for single title option checked. So, I cannot save a default template I'd always use to Use a still image, defeating the purpose I want to set up. To have a Template where Use a still image is selected. In fact, it doesn't even appear to let me select Use a still image when creating a new Template from scratch.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I always deselect "Do not create menu ............", yet everything still works normally.
I will check about what you said about the template editor.

BTW, is it just now that you are getting these problems ?
I'm asking because it appears from your profile that you have been using CX since at least 2012.
I'm saying this because it could possibly be a hardware problem.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I never tried editing anything from the default template before, so I don't know if it's "new" or not. This is the first time I've ever tried to change the menu behavior beyond what I've been using for years.

And this was after I did the full uninstall and reinstall with the clearing options checked, etc. with .69.