Question about running a project

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Question about running a project

Post by reddwarf4ever »

I have a saved project, where the files are embedded within various folders....e.g. Conversions/Complete/With sound/Final

Where the folder final houses the individual files.....I want to convert a project that has 36 files and want to improve the quality using the VHS tape enhancer Option, only problem is, that on my ‘slow’ PC it would take days....my friend who has a super fast PC has agreed to do the conversion for me, using a Trial of CXtoDVD...unfortunately....I assume he would have to create a sequence of folders with identical names as I have used, so that the saved project will locate them ok and keep my created menu / fonts etc. I tried on my PC as an experiment, by moving the source files do a different folder and when the project is launched it does not ask where the files have been moved to or something similar and if I then add the files manually the default menu and font are used......is there a way to save the layout ? The background image menu fonts etc, to import into a project ? Or is there another solution ? If not I will just tell my friend all the folder names to allow the project to correctly find the files

Thanks
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Question about running a project

Post by Coral »

I haven't studied your query. I suggest that first you check about the any restrictions in the trial version.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

What's the VHS tape enhancer option? I don't recall ever seeing such an option in CXD. I convert a lot of VHS tapes from my collection to DVD, so that might be something I'd be interested in.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

[quote=dbminter post_id=106390 time=1591620280 user_id=24947]
What's the VHS tape enhancer option? I don't recall ever seeing such an option in CXD. I convert a lot of VHS tapes from my collection to DVD, so that might be something I'd be interested in.
[/quote]

It’s in the same area as trim etc....there are several enhancers brightness, contrast etc
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

[quote=Coral post_id=106388 time=1591612269 user_id=10090]
I haven't studied your query. I suggest that first you check about the any restrictions in the trial version.
[/quote]

Hello
There shouldn’t be any restrictions as your website says fully functioning and complete

That’s not the main issue......want to know how to get around the project and file location problem please
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

As regards the trial. You have 7 says of fully working application with some pop-ups. You must have your internet on otherwise there are limitations.

If I understood well. I don't think you can save a project on your PC, then move everything on another computer.
You must repeat all the process on the other computer.

Perhaps it could be possible if all the resources are at a specific place when the project is saved. Say on the desktop. Although I have never tried it.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

just discovered something interesting, i put all the source files on a USB pen, with the saved project and when launched, it added all the files perfectly....previously these files were embedded within a 5 folder deep layer and the project file was in a different folder.

so it seems so long as the project file and files are in the same parent folder it will find them :D :D :D such such good news

i sometimes rename folders, only to get issues wih CXtoDVD not finding the files, no longer a problem....think if VSO could confirm this, it should be added to a sticky for everyone

thanks
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

[/quote]

[img]https://imageshack.com/i/poeNbaBIp[/img]
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

reddwarf4ever wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:24 pm i sometimes rename folders, only to get issues wih CXtoDVD not finding the files, no longer a problem....think if VSO could confirm this, it should be added to a sticky for everyone

thanks
For the project file to work, it must find all the resources as saved. If you rename folders or move any of the resources to another place, that will disrupt the project file.
Putting all the resources in a single place is the ideal way of doing things. Moving resources would require saving the project again.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Agreed, sort of....

This was the case previously, I was unable to rename any subfolders or change location, but as I said, I moved everything from the original folder ‘chain’ to a single folder with the project file and it immediately loaded all files in....so my point was if that happened to anyone else, they could simply move everything to a single folder and it works......thought worth adding to the guide or a sticky.....so handy to know......just takes one folder to be renamed or the folder chain to be moved and CXtoDVD would not find the files.....so an excellent solution....IMO.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I don't see anything related to VHS options in the Trim function.

Oh, wait, I see. It's under Image Settings. It's not the Trim function, but it is in an area where you find the Trim function.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

[quote=reddwarf4ever post_id=106395 time=1591626746 user_id=98596]
[/quote]

[img]https://imageshack.com/i/poeNbaBIp[/img]
[/quote]

The version number listed for CXD in the linked image says it's 7.0.0.40. Is there a reason you're not using the latest "gold" release, 7.0.0.69?
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Yes will have to update thanks
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

No prob!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I'm using version 7.0.0.61, at least for the time being.
I think it is the one with the least serious bugs.
For example; The audio in the menus begins exactly as set, not always from the begining of the movie.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I have noticed audio hiccups with the menus on the latest version. For instance, I've seen cases where the audio is out of sync with the video. I tolerate those because I don't really care about full motion video menus. I should probably disable those to reduce the size of the VIDEO_TS on disc.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I hardy ever use animated menus. I find them a waste of time. But it is still good to have option to activate animation.
In recent versions there is a serious bug with the menu audio when set from the movie itself. It always begin from the start of the movie
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yeah, that's probably why I noticed the audio out of sync. I never altered those options, but I would guess what was happening was the video was being pulled from somewhere else other than the start of the source, but the audio was always pulled from the start of the source, maybe?

I know it didn't used to be that way. Don't know when I first noticed it as I rarely go into the sub-menus. There's a bug with some CXD output and the PS3 where, randomly, some titles, when they reach the end, don't automatically start the next title set and lock up the PS3! :x So, you'd have to go into the menus for the next title set after rebooting the PS3 and manually start each title set individually. That's how I first noticed the audio was not in sync with the video on the menus.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

BTW, now that the question has been brought up, how does one disable animated menus in CXD? I went through the Options but didn't see anything immediately that jumped out at me that would disable them.

Thanks!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

To disable the menu animations go here
Please note that in the most recent version disabling the animations causes the buttons overlays to stop working.
This is a new reported bug.
In any case, I suggest you use a past version from here:

http://download2.vso-software.fr/archives/cxd/v7/
Attachments
intro outro bug 1.jpg