Conversions stops @ 98.7% says 2 minutes remaining

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Conversions stops @ 98.7% says 2 minutes remaining

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Conversions stops @ 98.7% says 2 minutes remaining, did this twice now...no errors showing....turned off hardware acceleration, as some say this can cause issues. Is there an easy way to determine if it’s a particular file that’s causing the problems ? There are 37 episodes.....will try again tonight with 2 pass turned off, but hope that doesn’t lower the quality.

I did do a successful conversion same episodes but without any ‘trining’ done using the Cut option, did this to tidy up some of ends of episodes where they overran....can’t see how a conversion with the ‘trimming’ in place makes a difference.

Any thoughts please ?
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Conversions stops @ 98.7% says 2 minutes remaining

Post by Maggie »

Hello,
Trim function is sometimes messy...
Anything on the logs?
Regards,
Maggie,
VSO Support
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Not sure about the logs will have a look ...tried again last night, with single pass conversion, it completed, BUT it didn’t put the PC to standby as set in Actions, also it would not play the menu, only individual episodes in VLC media player by going back and forward, that’s never happened before.....will try again tomorrow....not sure what setting to change, sometimes had the belief that certain fonts interfere with the conversion.....
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

If it’s likely to be the trim option causing the issue, I will trim them first with a different program...

Does that sound a plan ?
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

How many titles were in your project when you got the 98% stuck? What I do in situations like this is determine how many of the files had completed 100%, if any. You know those files completed successfully. Then, try again, but only add the remaining titles and try again. Then, I begin isolating individuals to find the culprit. Of course, in this case, it could be a problem where it only manifests itself when the file(s) is(are) queued.

You could also try adding all these titles but do no trimming. Do a test convert and see if it completes. If it does, you know it's the Trim function that is causing the issue.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Sorry error
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

[quote=dbminter post_id=106303 time=1590684367 user_id=24947]
How many titles were in your project when you got the 98% stuck? What I do in situations like this is determine how many of the files had completed 100%, if any. You know those files completed successfully. Then, try again, but only add the remaining titles and try again. Then, I begin isolating individuals to find the culprit. Of course, in this case, it could be a problem where it only manifests itself when the file(s) is(are) queued.

You could also try adding all these titles but do no trimming. Do a test convert and see if it completes. If it does, you know it's the Trim function that is causing the issue.
[/quote]

Hi

36 titles

Agree with all you say, actually it did convert ok, without trimming, so trimmed using a different program ( free lossless splitter ) then converted ok.....something worth mentioning, maybe could be added to a ‘sticky’ sometimes certain titles won’t play on the final DVD, either crash the Blu-ray player , or jump to the first title....burnt Three dual layer DVDs, with the same results....so tried BurnAware.....worked perfectly first time......so, if the created TS Folder or ISO play ok on a PC, & get burn problems, it’s worth thinking about, I tried the blueray and xbox1, but defo the DVD burner software...

Although CXtoDVD can be a bit ‘flaky’ sometimes getting stuck at 97% or finishing and the created DVD Not being playable even on the PC, or the created DVD has no menu, just plays titles, no idea why this happens, sometimes it works flawlessly, can only assume it’s the Video file content, as CXtoDVD can’t be the reason, software doesn’t work sometimes then at other times not, it just doesn’t happen :|
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Yeah, the Trim function I've found to be a bit flaky so I don't use it. For instance, I loaded a file just yesterday and needed to check something. So, I went into the Trim function to preview it. Pressing Play caused nothing to happen for 5 seconds and then the play resumed at 5 seconds into the file.