Encoded video to dvd-9 and 5 video ghosting badly

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Wayne1987

Encoded video to dvd-9 and 5 video ghosting badly

Post by Wayne1987 »

I'm having trouble with convertXtoDVD 7 giving bad and I mean really bad quality out-put. Tried burning a few times to find the video lagging and movement was ghosting.

Anyone else having this issue?

I put the software on the best settings for encoding.
yoyo57

Re: Encoded video to dvd-9 and 5 video ghosting badly

Post by yoyo57 »

no never had that problem on either dvd5 or 9. maybe try uninstall and do clean installation
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I'd change the output, if you don't have it set this way, to create to VIDEO_TS folders instead of ISO/burning output directly. Then, I'd try playing the VIDEO_TS folder as a DVD in some software that supports playing IFO files. Like Windows Media Player on older Windows versions or something like PowerDVD or Media Player Classic Home Cinema. If it plays still with ghosting, etc. then it's ConvertXToDVD's "fault." But it's probably related to the source file being used instead.

Have you tried other source files and still get ghosting regardless of the source you use?

If you don't get ghosting playing on your PC, then the fault is probably either with your DVD player or the recordable DVD's you're using.
Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

I had the same problem and discovered all video files that use x265 had "ghosting" when I converted and burned them. Burned the same video that used x264 and it worked perfectly

[quote]x265 and x264 are two different video compression standards that are used to compress video in size but still maintain the quality of the video. x264 is an earlier codec and is used in a lot of videos nowdays and x265 is a newer standard. ... [/quote]