Encoding and copying to dvd

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Hoza147

Encoding and copying to dvd

Post by Hoza147 »

Hi I’ve been using convertx for yrs now and just this min I have hit a problem I am encoding 3 programs to copy to dvd totalling just under 2 1/2 hrs I have no problems usually with this ever but like I’ve said just now it spat disc out saying 4gb disc not big enough it says I need 8 tb I’ve never come across this b4 can some 1 help
dbminter

Re: Encoding and copying to dvd

Post by dbminter »

It's not unusual to require a double layer DVD from time to time. It depends on the length of a title you're trying to convert and how it was compressed originally to begin with.

You can either 1.) use a DVD+R DL for this project or 2.) instead of putting all 3 video files in one project, split it across 2 or 3 different projects to better have a chance at compression that gets to a DVD-5. Even then, you may not have a choice. Sometimes, as I said depending on the running time of the file and how it was compressed, you may get a DVD that's too large for a DVD-5 to begin with, requiring the use of a DVD+R DL.

Another step you could try is to create a VIDEO_TS folder output of your 3 movie files and try to use DVDShrink to compress that VIDEO_TS down to a DVD-5. Of course, you may notice this compression on playback, depending on whether your DVD player upscales or not.