Different TV episodes Playback issues

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

Different TV episodes Playback issues

Post by eddie11013 »

When I convert 4, 5 or 6 ‘different’ TV shows (episodes) in one process and burn them to a single DVD-RW, an issue arises. During playback, after the ‘third’ episode finishes, I usually press the ‘next’ key on my remote control, to skip the credits and jump to the start of the ‘next’ episode. Instead of the ‘next’ episode starting, I get a screen that wants me to make a selection. There are three choices, chapters, home and “play”. The screen is grayed out and its playing the ‘third’ episode. I usually select ‘play’, but then it starts playing the ‘third’ episode again. I then have to keep pressing “next” till I get to the start of the “4th” episode. And yes I’m using a stand alone DVD player.

To be clear, if I’m converting a “single” TV show with say 5 or 6 episodes, this issue does not occur. Using latest v69

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sample log attached.
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200217.090849.964.log
(31.01 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Different TV episodes Playback issues

Post by Maggie »

Hi there,
How many time did it fail with different tv show?
If only once, please retry with another disk/other tv shows. Let me know.
Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Actually it has happen a lot of times. I just kind of ignored it in the past. But I thought I would post this time. It is routine for me to accumlate several TV shows and then make one DVD-RW. The most likely reason for is that I wait to get an episode version that has subtitles.

Thanks for replying.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Just wondering if you have any suggestions for this issue.
The attached log file is for a "single" TV series where this issue ocurred. This had 'not' happened for me before. Episodes 1 thru 5 recorded on one DVD+RW played back just fine. However, episodes 6 thru 10 have this issue.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20200221.103619.718.log
(29.26 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Have you tried playing the conversion before burning ?
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

Have you tried using a regular DVD+R rather than a DVD+RW? Rewritables are notorious for playback troubles. RITEK disks aren't really thought of highly either.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Thanks for replying. I use the DVD+RW's because they can be reused and since this is just for TV shows, I don't keep them as I might a movie. Being used RW's for maybe 15 years or longer without issue. As they wear out I buy a new batch, some are Sony and some are Verbatim. This is a 'new' problem. Is it my computer, maybe. Is it the latest November Windows 10 update, maybe. Could it be ConvertX, maybe. I have the setting set to automatically erase the RW's, but lately I have taken to erasing them in advance with the ImgBurn program, just in case that's the issue. Could I set it not to automatically burn to my RW and instead use the ImgBurn program later, sure, if that would solve the problem.

Anyway, That's why I posted.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Sorry to bring up an 'old' issue for me, but I solved my issue. It's all in the setup. In the past, when adding more 'episodes' I always click on the top ''left' (+) plus sign. This way, it converted 'two' episodes at the same time, therefore the process was faster. Apparently, sometimes, the issue that I had would sometimes happen. To resolve my problem, I, instead, clicked on the 'third' icon from the left, "merge a multimedia file". This causes the video files to be converted one at a time. The issue was resolved.

In case anyone is interested, here is a log and a capture.

Hope this helps.
Capture2.jpg
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20201231.230300.219.log
(19.12 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Stay Safe