Fastest DVD conversion software?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

MilesSawyer

Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by MilesSawyer »

I've been using ConvertXtoDVD for a while now, and I have been getting OK results. However, I'm not sure if this program is the fastest one out there. I mainly convert MP4/MKV files to DVD, usually of movies. One of the things I like about this program is that it allows you to save the VIDEO_TS folder for later burning, which I do with ImgBurn. I'd like to have that option in any alternatives that you guys suggest. I convert at anywhere from 180 fps to 230 fps using ConvertXtoDVD, and it takes, on average, a little over 15 minutes to convert a full length film. My CPU is an i7-4710HQ. Any suggestions on programs that can do this task faster?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by JJ »

Converting to DVD is slow process.
The specifications of your source files; screen size, amount of audio channels etc, can make a huge difference on conversion speed.
You are getting actually quite good results using a laptop!
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Didn't sacrifice quality for speed.
I have tested most converters out there, there has always been somting I didn't like, mostly pixelation to bad aspect ratio.
Etlej89o

Post by Etlej89o »

Personally I use an older version of CxD, and a portable version at that. The 6.0 portable version is the fastest I believe of all of the older and current versions of the software. I did find another software that is much faster by another software company tho, no need to put in any actual settings into it for resizing etc, can do menu's as well. Since i havn't been on the site for very long i won't provide that link in hopes of staying on this site Lol
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Portable version ?
Didn't know it existed.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

The only "portable" versions I have seen are old version 6 and early 7, and all were pirated cracked versions, not legitimate versions
VSO Gold Member
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

yoyo57 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:21 am The only "portable" versions I have seen are old version 6 and early 7, and all were pirated cracked versions, not legitimate versions
That's what I thought.