browsing the net, multitasking while converting in CXD slow, is it normal?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

iwan1980

browsing the net, multitasking while converting in CXD slow, is it normal?

Post by iwan1980 »

yeahh so i wanna ask, i got a laptop Acer E14 with core i3-6006u/GeForce 940mx with 8Gb Ram, when i am doing a conversion the browsing experience with chrome became hard, slow, opening web page for example. i checked task manager and looks like CPU/Disk got to 100% most of the time, is it normal? i thought 8Gb ram would be enough in multi tasking with CXD operate iat the same time, since i realised my old laptop only runs in 2Gb ram (that's why is slow doing multitasking before)
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: browsing the net, multitasking while converting in CXD slow, is it normal?

Post by Maggie »

Hi here,

CPU/Disk getting to 100% is usually just the sign that your current activity is higher than your machine capacities.
If you recently updated to Windows 10 with your i3, it might be the issue. You may want to check solutions online to improve your perf. (ex: https://fossbytes.com/how-to-fix-high-r ... e-process/ or something similar...).

If it is only slowing down with ConvertXtoDVD, try a clean reinstall. However, please note conversion/burning processes are heavy enough to slowing down old machines.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support