Can't Get Burned DVDs to play with New Smart TV

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

merlin96

Can't Get Burned DVDs to play with New Smart TV

Post by merlin96 »

I recently purchased a new Roku Smart TV - Sharp 32 inch, model no. LC-32LB601U. I have a Fios Set Top Box attached to it, as well as a Toshiba DVD/VCR combo player (model number is SD-V295 - it's about 12 years old). The DVD/VCR player is attached with the 3 red/white/yellow wires as there is no HDMI port in the DVD/VCR player, and they are attached correctly, port to port into the TV. There are only three slots in the TV into which to put them. I had no trouble playing burned DVDs on my old LED TV, which stopped working in November, so I replaced it with this one. Store bought DVDs play fine on the new TV but when I try to play any kind of burned DVD - ones burned with my VSO software and also a set of DVDs that was made professionally transferring home movies from VHS tapes - I get only an error message. (Incidentally, I'm also only getting video but no sound on VHS tapes.)

I'm wondering if anyone here has had this kind of issue with newer models of Smart TVs. Is this some kind of block or incompatibility or am I just setting something up wrong? Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks.
yoyo57

Re: Can't Get Burned DVDs to play with New Smart TV

Post by yoyo57 »

if new dvds play ok and just burned one fail. try playing burnt dvds on a friends player to determine if problem with dvds or your dvd player
VSO Gold Member
reddwarf4ever

Re: Can't Get Burned DVDs to play with New Smart TV

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Hello

If you have a collection of ‘burnt’ DVDs you obviously can’t burn them all again using a different burner etc.....

I had similar issues with a Blu-ray player, it plays ok, but it keeps telling the TV it’s connected, about every hour or so....finally got rid of the player now all ok......it seems new TECH doesn’t play well with old TECH.....

As an idea, try the TV manufacturer for support, it maybe there are TV settings that change the way DVDs are handled, or there may well be settings on the DVD player itself.....may have to be trial and error....

Good luck.....might end up having to buy a Blu-ray player, which should play all your DVDs ok ( try amazon, then if it doesn’t work you can return it ) if you don’t want 4K they not that expensive now, maybe you could borrow one from a friend to try first.