Explorer window no longer opens after job completion.

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dr_ml422

Explorer window no longer opens after job completion.

Post by dr_ml422 »

Hi

I just noticed with ConvertXToDVD 7.0.0.68 that Windiws Explorer no longer opens up with completed job folder after a DVD completion.
I left the box unchecked as I always have in Burning/Settings, and it no longer opens up to the completed folder and window. Is this a new behavior after 7.0.0.64? Thanks.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Explorer window no longer opens after job completion.

Post by Maggie »

Hello,

Thanks for the report!
After a few tries, it opens a folder if ISO output. If DVD folder and disk not ejected, it plays the result. If disk ejected (I've reported the bug: https://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=13807) it tries to play the result.

Is it the bug you were talking about?
Let me know,

Regards,
Maggie,
VSO Support
dr_ml422

Post by dr_ml422 »

I would have to give it a go again as I downloaded the new ConvertXToDVD 7.0.0.69. I'll convert a mkv file I have and see if it'll open up the window with the output folder. There's sevral options there and maybe it should be cut down to one or 2 at most. You see if you also leave "Burn result to Disk or as an .iso" unchecked then yes, I think it will open up explorer with the converted DVD Folder. If you leave that checked, and don't provide a DVD blank, then it will open up asking for one, then close after a while, though not leave the explorer window with output folder open. I think burning should always be a last option after conversion because there's no telling how the output came out. I would suggest a "verify" at the end of conversion by ConvertXToDVD, though that doesn't equate to quality picture. That justs says the file is not corrupt.

I found a bug if at all, and that's when you use that Single Title Menu with the Classical Theatre Red Drapes for just one title, it'll play fine straight from the disc, though the DVD Folder in the PC will not play either by VSO Player 1, MPC-HC, VLC... It justs shows up with the audio and runs through the Chapter Menu. It doesn't do this with the other Menus like the Default Template "Metallic Style".

I might as well add that attention needs to be paid to quality at the smallest sizes available when updating/fixing "ConvertXToVideo". There's a slew of software out there that's been tackling this for a while, and if you want to break the market, then quality at the smallest file sizes needs to be a priority, especially with HEVC encoding. The free Make MKV will not only rip an entire DVD/Blu-ray, it will also deliver an MKV File that accompanies the exact size of original DVD etc... Lets face it, I don't think most users want a 7-8 Gigabyte MKV/MP4 etc... file. They want a quality backup at smaller size to not only save, but play on the usual suspect devices as Cellphones etc...

The quality is there with ConvertXToVideo, what needs to be tinkered with is the sizes.
dr_ml422

Post by dr_ml422 »

Yes there's definitely a bug even with ConvertXtoDVD 7.0.0.69. I left everything unchecked except for "Send statistics to VSO" and Explorer didn't open up with the completed DVD Folder. Also, there seems to be a small bug every time you go into settings and just check without making any changes. Sometimes ConvertX will bring the pop-up and say "Attention, some changes have been made etc..." with the pop-up telling you to either Reset everything to Default, or just the changes that were made. Mind you there were no changes made. I've been noticing this since way back in 7.0.0.64, so maybe this here might not be a bug and just an assurance that one was in Settings? Thanks.

I couldn't edit yet so hence the new post.
dr_ml422

Post by dr_ml422 »

Ok so there's no menu funcionality with any of the major players including VSO Player 1 when playing a converted disc with ConvertXToDVD 7.0.0.69. I thought there wasn't no playing at all, though I accidentally fast forwarded a DVd File, and the movie started playing from the beginning. This is a PC only bug as it has function in the DVD player. I must add that another software I use does let me use the Menu on my PC, so maybe something to look into.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Busy time for support, don't have much time for the more technical issues...
Could you please help me out and send a short summary of the issues you reported with screenshots (so I fully understand the problem and how to test it and report it to our dev team)?

It would be very nice. Thank you so much in advance for your efforts.

Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support