VRO load/conversion error

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dbminter

VRO load/conversion error

Post by dbminter »

I submitted this bug through the bug reporting tool in 7.0.0.68, but I've discovered some more pertinent information that invalidates a previous statement I made.

There's an error when importing certain VRO files for conversion. I had a near 2 hour of contents on a VRO, but the software was only importing/converting 1 minute of it. I had initially said in my bug report that these VRO's were imported correctly on 7.0.0.64, but I was wrong. That was a "different" VRO. That VRO was over 2 hours, but it hadn't the same properties as the VRO that is failing now.

The reason the VRO is failing now is probably a property that was not present in the over 2 hour VRO. As I said, that one was one long stream. This VRO that is failing is made up of 4 recordings from the same Panasonic DVD video recorder. I uninstalled 7.0.0.68 and reinstalled 7.0.0.64 to get it to work again, but the same failure happens on the old version. So, the problem must be the VRO recording being made of 4 separate recordings. That's the only difference between the over 2 hour VRO which converted just fine and this VRO that is failing.

Thanks!
yoyo57

Re: VRO load/conversion error

Post by yoyo57 »

Have you checked / researched if the files are encrypted by Panasonic to meet copyright protection needs?
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

Every other VRO I've ever fed into ConvertXToDVD, including one I made just a few weeks ago, works fine. And they were all made by the same Panasonic recorder.

Turns out it's something intrinsic in this one VRO. I made a smaller test VRO with 4 2 minute recordings and CXD imported that VRO fine.

The problem with the problematic VRO is it's 4 GB and VSO would need to examine the file in question. I don't have 4 GB on any of my cloud accounts, so getting the file to VSO for examination will be the big issue.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hello,
We have developed a new tool for users to upload huge files! It's still in beta mode & needs a bit of work but...
http://www.vso-software.fr/download_pro ... uct=vsorep
Regards,
Maggie,
VSO Support
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

(please remind us the issue in the ticket!)
Maggie,
VSO Support