Update (7.0.0.64) now I can't burn to disc

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

370HSSV_0773H

Update (7.0.0.64) now I can't burn to disc

Post by 370HSSV_0773H »

Ever since this update was installed I have not been able to burn my files (movies) to a 4.7gb disc. I keep getting this message "Wrong disc. Use one of these:double Layer DVD+R, double Layer DVD-R" Some of the files I convert are under 3 gb bit still won't burn after converting to DVD. Any help/ideas/guesses would be appreciated.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Update (7.0.0.64) now I can't burn to disc

Post by Coral »

Try to save the conversion to a folder and burn on a different burning software.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

try change default settings, output,encoding, to dvd5 . sounds like currently set to dvd9
VSO Gold Member
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hello,

Could you try a clean/fresh install of our last version:
http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.69.exe
Please check all three cleaning options. (see attached screenshot)
Tell me how it goes!

Regards,
Attachments
Cleaning Before Install_ConvertXtoDVD.png
Maggie,
VSO Support
BrimStone

Post by BrimStone »

I think the "moderators" are missing some obvious areas to look at, which should be in the OUTPUT/ENCODING section. I have enclosed a screenshot of what those setting should be changed to. If the runtime of your movie is 140min or less, change the top option from AUTOMATIC (default setting) to SP (SHORT PROJECTS), if the runtime is 140 - 180 mins, change it to MD (MEDIUM PROJECTS) and keep it there. Most movies are under 2 hours (120mins) so I would keep it set to SP (SHORT PROJECTS). And put a check mark next to USE BEST VIDEO QUALITY and 2 PASS ENCODING which will help keep the video at a higher quality but it will increase the conversion time. If you are burning to a single layer DVD, keep target size at DVD-5 (4300MB). If you have it set to DVD-9 (7700MB) which is DUAL layer discs, ConvertXtoDVD will inflate the output files to OVER 4300mb and you will NOT fit it on a single layer DVD, but this also depends on the size of the input file(s) you are converting and the quality of the video and how many audio tracks, subtitles, etc. In the CONVERSION PROCESS section, set MAXIMUM SIMULTANEOUS CONVERSION to 1, you will get better quality having it do ONE file at a time and it will finish a little faster. In MULTICORE PROCESSOR section, the program will see how many cores are in your CPU and wont let you go higher than what you have but it usually defaults to a lower number. Go as high as it will allow. CONVERSION PRIORITY should be set to HIGHEST. If your input file is at least 5GB, widescreen, Dolby 5.1 (DTS is better) and 1 subtitle track, your output files will be very close to the full capacity of a single layer DVD. If you check the log file, it will usually say it is at 95% or higher.

There are some other settings in the program but I think these might not be set right and why are you are having issues.

And I set my UPSCALING and DOWNSCALING FILTER's to LANCZOS.
Attachments
Encoding options.jpg
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi (again) BrimStone!
This is a really good and detailed explanation of output settings. Thanks!

We haven't got news from this user for a month, he may have solved his/her issue in the meantime.

Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support