Fastest DVD conversion software?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

SiraoGomes

Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by SiraoGomes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:45 am

I've been using ConvertXtoDVD for a while now, and I have been getting OK results. However, I'm not sure if this program is the fastest one out there. I mainly convert MP4/MKV files to DVD, usually of movies. One of the things I like about this program is that it allows you to save the VIDEO_TS folder for later burning, which I do with ImgBurn. I'd like to have that option in any alternatives that you guys suggest. I convert at anywhere from 180 fps to 230 fps using ConvertXtoDVD, and it takes, on average, a little over 15 minutes to convert a full length film. My CPU is an i7-4710HQ. Any suggestions on programs that can do this task faster?

Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by Coral » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:40 am

I honestly don't think that it can be done any faster and keeping good quality.
Good quality is always at a cost.

eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:13 pm

I only wish that I had a computer that could convert a 2 hour movie in 15 minutes, my desktop pc takes anywhere from 3 - 4 hours, that said, someone posted that you could run 'two' applications of convertXtodvd at the same time. I did this, even on my slow pc and it worked.

Just a suggestion

Soxa

Post by Soxa » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:04 am

there is a faster one windvd but like coral said it costs on the quality of the end result .
And also the thing i noticed what kind of file it is for example .mkv at 1080 p goes alot slower even on my i7 6700 k oc 4.5 ghz it takes like 28 mins to convert but i use best quality in option panel of convertx.

Soxa