7.0.0.67 error message preview screen

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: 7.0.0.67 error message preview screen

Post by JJ »

Can you paste that last dialogue here?
Anything in that file after second last dialogue, like this:

Code: Select all

02:01:07,137 --> 02:01:10,140
<i>? I won't go
Breaking your heart ?</i>
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

it happens with all .srt files the subs included in .mkv are fine .
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

01:51:47,365 --> 01:51:50,630
Nee, het is nooit te laat

this is an example of the last one sorry its in dutch
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

That one looks correct. I have seen some where they deliberately leave last sentence (usually advertizing) to be displayed until end of file.
Really odd problem, does it show the same way if you play converted disc in computer?
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

well the thing is i delete the advertising like the info fom the one that translated it maybe thats why it happens could that be the problem ?
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Are you just deleting the string itself and leaving the line number and timestamp? Because i delete the advertising all the time and have zero issues (when testing with vlc at least)

The trick is when removing the advertising if it appears during the early video is to LEAVE the subtitle number and timestap but replace the text with a single space. If you leave the line number and timestamp and delete the subtitle text its sort of an "empty line" that messes up the track ordering and display. I found that out a long time ago. Subtitles would stop appearing after the "advertising" moment. The solution was to leave the line number and timestamp but replace the text by a single space. Because removing the line number, timestamp and text would trigger the need to renumber the line numbers after the advertising text. Since a subtitle track can easily have 3-400 lines for an episode, that's too much work (for me).

Since spaces arent visible on screen but are still valid "text" subtitles continue to appear normally. The advertising that's often at the end of the file too, i just delete everything. Line number, timestamp and text :)

Can't say for sure here that's what's causing the problem, just a thought.
VSO NL-BE Freelance Translator

Desktop: Project Phoenix
OS: Win 10 Pro x64 || MB: Asus Maximus VIII Formula || CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k || CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i v2 || RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 A Gaming || Case: CM Cosmos II || Sound: Logitech Z906 || Screen: Asus VG278HR
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO || Int HDD 1&2: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB || Int HDD 3: Seagate ST2000DM001 || Int HDD 4: Samsung F1 Spinpt. 1TB
Op. Dr. 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Dr. 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Dr. 3: LG GH20NS10 || Ext HDD 1&2: 2x WD MyBook 2TB || Ext HDD 3: Seagate ST320006
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Just to put in my two bit: When I have to deal with subtitles which contain first and last line of advertising, I would remove just the text on the number one entry and delete everything on the bottom. So far I've never had any problems.

Have you ever tested this issue on another player ?
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

Ah thats it i delete everything timestamp and text i will try this on my next conversion ans see what happens anyway thx for the help :)

Soxa