DVD deinterlacing problem

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

KelverLeash

DVD deinterlacing problem

Post by KelverLeash »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and only just started to use the ConvertXtoDVD 7 software, so apologies if this subject has been raised many times before.

I am transferring my old VHS/Video8 and MiniDV tapes and burning them to DVD. I am capturing into Adobe Premiere and then burning from AVI straight to DVD. This all works fine, however when I play back the burnt DVD's on my TV, they are coming out deinterlaced and its very annoying as I don't want them deinterlaced - i want them interlaced! I have chosen the 'never deinterlace' setting in the video processing section to no avail. Is there something else I am not doing? I have checked and double checked all the capture settings in Adobe Premiere Pro 4 and they are fine, which means it must be a software issue. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance :-) Please help! Arrgh its driving me nuts!! :twisted:
Last edited by KelverLeash on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: DVD deinterlacing problem

Post by Coral »

KelverLeash wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and only just started to use the ConvertXtoDVD 7 software, so apologies if this subject has been raised many times before.

I am transferring my old VHS/Video8 and MiniDV tapes and burning them to DVD. I am capturing into Adobe Premiere and then burning from AVI straight to DVD. This all works fine, however when I play back the burnt DVD's on my TV, they are coming out deinterlaced and its very annoying! I have chosen the 'never deinterlace' setting in the video processing section to no avail. Is there something else I am not doing? I have checked and double checked all the capture settings in Adobe Premiere Pro 4 and they are fine, which means it must be a software issue. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I

Many thanks in advance :-) Please help! Arrgh its driving me nuts!! :twisted:
What you're saying is not clear. "burning them to DVD"
You should capture with Deinterlace setting in Adobe. If you cannot set Adobe to Deinterlace, then you should set ConvertX to Deinterlace. Do the conversion. Play the conversion via the Video_ts folder. If all is well, then burn.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: DVD deinterlacing problem

Post by JJ »

How are you capturing and with what equipment?
Have you checked your avi files? Are they interlaced?
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!